Shanevb

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Shane Van Boxtel
I am having difficulty getting my Atomos Ninja V to give me 60fps from my R5. When I shoot to an internal card it works fine but when I record to the Atomos it duplicate frames rather than providing 60 original frames. I have tried at different resolutions along with other variations and have had no success. My only answer is that there is some setting on the Canon R5 that I have set wrong. However, I don't know what that setting is. Does anyone know where I can get this answer? I have tried Atomos, and they have been very responsive but at this point it seems as though it is not the fault of the recorder. I know this because I also attached a Sony FX3 at that worked fine giving 60 original frames.

To all that are having this issue. I have found the corporate to this problem as well as the solution. I have an R5 paired with the NinjaV. I also had my 4K 60 get choppy when interpreting to a 23.976 timeline in premiere. But to the point. (STANDBY LOWRES) what’s creates the extra frames that creates choppy 60fps. It actually works correctly with the monitor AND CFEXPRESS CARD. If you shoot with this mode on and no CF Card it will create the skip on the monitor files. The file on the camera will be fine. Which defeats the purpose of the monitor. If you are only using the monitor as main recorder make sure to TURN OFF (STANDYLOWRES) and it will work as should.
Where are these settings located?

To all that are having this issue. I have found the corporate to this problem as well as the solution. I have an R5 paired with the NinjaV. I also had my 4K 60 get choppy when interpreting to a 23.976 timeline in premiere. But to the point. (STANDBY LOWRES) what’s creates the extra frames that creates choppy 60fps. It actually works correctly with the monitor AND CFEXPRESS CARD. If you shoot with this mode on and no CF Card it will create the skip on the monitor files. The file on the camera will be fine. Which defeats the purpose of the monitor. If you are only using the monitor as main recorder make sure to TURN OFF (STANDYLOWRES) and it will work as should.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. This issue has plagued my mind for half a year! No one had suggested this, ATOMOS had no idea. Your suggestion solved the choppy 60fps issue!

I just created an account just to like your comment and thank you! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I almost returned my Ninja V because of this issue.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back