Canon R6 I R6 Battery Drain

Adecoleman

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Adrian Coleman
Has anyone experienced the LP-E6NH Battery draining quickly.
I have used it a couple of times where it has gone from 100% down to 47% after 140 images. On Wednesday i charged the battery to 100% when i returned home
and left it out of the camera and before i went out with the camera this morning i put it into the charger and it had lost a lot of it's charge which i find strange.
I have the camera set on ECO power saving mode and i have followed a few other power saving tips which i have used on my 5DMKIV etc. I haven't experienced battery drain like this on any other of my Canon Cameras and wondered if i have something switched on that is using the battery so quick. I have purchased another LP-E6NH from Wex as a backup and also have some good lasting LP-E6N from the 5D. If this is the standard for the battery consumption i think i might need to buy the Grip sooner rather than later.

Can anyone share their experiences and also some battery life saving tips please

I'm pretty certain you have something working that is causing the power drain because I have taken 1000 images and still had 50% left! One of the main savings might be turning off continuous AF. If you leave that on the lens continues to search when you are not using it , you can hear the focus working as you carry the camera. I also never have GPS switched on either..or Bluetooth and Wifi.

I'm pretty certain you have something working that is causing the power drain because I have taken 1000 images and still had 50% left! One of the main savings might be turning off continuous AF. If you leave that on the lens continues to search when you are not using it , you can hear the focus working as you carry the camera. I also never have GPS switched on either..or Bluetooth and Wifi.
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply
I never have Continuous AF switched on and have never used GPS,WIFI,Bluetooth

Mine seems to drain really quickly too. I just received my R5, so I am working on fine tuning my settings to fit my needs as well as prevent unwanted draining. Sorry I am not much help for your inquiry, just feel your pain! Just continuing to learn I guess!

I haven’t noticed any unusual battery drain. I do have the battery grip, but, I’ve done multiple sporting events on a charge and have never had battery worries. I am using the grip, but if I’m shooting a high school basketball double header, I’m easily shooting 800 images...and I could do back to back doubleheader days with no battery issues.

Tomorrow I’m scheduled for a softball doubleheader and a volleyball doubleheader, I’ll have backup batteries with me, and I’ll probably be shooting two bodies for softball, but I don’t anticipate any battery issues. Monday I’ve got volleyball and high school basketball, likely just one body, but I don’t anticipate having to change batteries. Again, I do have a battery grip, but I’ll shoot a lot of images during the games.

That said, I much prefer fully charged batteries in the camera when I start a day’s events!

Here’s an update after the day’s event....I probably shot 1,500 images between two softball games, a short high school event, and three sets of a volleyball match. I had two bars left on the battery meter when I took the batteries out to recharge. Again, I use a grip so I have two batteries, but given I was at two bars, I imagine I could have squeezed this out of one battery.

Mine seems to drain really quickly too. I just received my R5, so I am working on fine tuning my settings to fit my needs as well as prevent unwanted draining. Sorry I am not much help for your inquiry, just feel your pain! Just continuing to learn I guess!
Try switching it to Airplane mode and that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are off.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back