StevenWoj

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Steven Wojtowicz
Has anyone had issues with the hot shoe on an R6? I used a Westcott FJ80 (which is a little heavy) and now the hot shoe is loose and my Westcott trigger will not make a good connection, I have to hold it in places for it to work correctly. I plan on getting it fixed, I just wanted to see if anyone had to have this repair and had a ballpark on price to fix.

@MaraLee posted:

"(Just in case anyone is curious as to how much the hot shoe repair is outside of warranty or CarePak in the US, it's $377 for parts and labor.)"

Or....

I found an easier one, but I do not know if it works in the R6.

Most likely this method will not work in the R6 because according to the first video the screws are only accessible from the inside.

In watching the second video I was wondering why he was hand holding throughout the process. I'm thinking a 'real' pro would know a stable base is more secure...such as shooting with a long lens handheld vs tripod.

It really depends on whether the looseness is from the internal screws or the external screws.

Last edited:
I've heard that the R5 can have similar hot shoe issues due to similar design and only fixable by tearing the camera completely apart. I shouldn't have to do this, but I try to treat my hot shoe with great care.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back