TonyB

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
In the last couple weeks, Topaz Labs has released updates with significant performance improvements for their DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI and most recently Gigapixel AI software. The latest Gigapixel is version 5.5.0 and claims to be 5x-6x faster than prior versions with an improved AI engine.

Topaz has just given me a free update to the new Topaz AI which combines all three of the previous packages into one, So far I am very impressed with the speed and performance in retrieving some images I thought were not sharp enough to show. Any other users out there? I would be interested to hear how you are getting on with the new package.

Topaz has just given me a free update to the new Topaz AI which combines all three of the previous packages into one, So far I am very impressed with the speed and performance in retrieving some images I thought were not sharp enough to show. Any other users out there? I would be interested to hear how you are getting on with the new package.
Lucky you. I've been using them for a couple years and have paid for updates and even have my own 15% off referral code, but I've yet to be offered the combination for free. And I've opened every email from them wondering if that would happen.

Sorry to hear that Jake. I had all three of the previous packages and that seems to be why they made the offer.

Sorry to hear that Jake. I had all three of the previous packages and that seems to be why they made the offer.
I'm going to reach out to support when I have a chance.

(5 minutes pass)

So, I logged into my account and there's a message saying, "Claim your free license for Photo AI". LOL

Thanks for bringing it up.

I downloaded the new Topaz AI a few days ago. Have only done a quick experiment with the original of a poor image that I had already processed in Topaz Sharpen AI. The new product didn't achieve as good an improvement, so there may be some learning to do with the settings to make the best of it. I'd be interested to hear how others are finding it.

I'm on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and I've abandoned Photo AI. When I open an R5 photo it takes anywhere from 7-12 minutes just to do the initial evaluation. I've yet to find a way to turn off the automatic start of this step, so it's utterly useless to me at this point. If they change that, or if I'm missing something let me know. But for now I'll stick with the individual products.

My 2015 iMac takes around 1:40 for the initial evaluation for a very poor image, 30 seconds or so for better ones. Processing and saving can take from 30 seconds to 5-6 minutes depending on image quality & size.

My 2015 iMac takes around 1:40 for the initial evaluation for a very poor image, 30 seconds or so for better ones. Processing and saving can take from 30 seconds to 5-6 minutes depending on image quality & size.
Just did a test of mine. On an old Photo from a G9 it took 6 sec for the initial eval. On a new R5 45mps shot it took 8 sec. Wintel i7 10th gen, 32GB Ram Nvidia RTX2070 Super. I hear this problems all the time from Mac users. Maybe it's optimized for Wintel machines at this time.

I got PAI for free too buy purchasing Gigapixel. I had DeNoise and Sharpen. It keeps improving and about 25 more updates to go until October. :) We'll see how it stands up to the 3 individual apps by then (and competitors) and how much will Topaz will charge for annual support.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back