Your R System Images - April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hali,

A terrific set of images - you have a great eye for composition, abstract shapes and colour - which makes it very difficult to choose a favourite, though Karen favours number 2 and (of course) I agree with her… (y) :p

P&K

Last edited:
Taken in the Corkscrew sanctuary in Naples, FL.

Attachments

• BY3A3673.jpg
    BY3A3673.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 55
Hi David,

A great capture of a wonderful creature in what looks like pretty demanding lighting conditions.

Thank you for sharing!

P&K

Hi David,

A great capture of a wonderful creature in what looks like pretty demanding lighting conditions.

Thank you for sharing!

P&K
Thanks. Birding is pretty new to me, so I'm firing at will and hoping...

;-)

Spring is coming, but the mountains don't know it.
001 2023-04-02 Plešivec-2.jpeg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF35mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100
003 2023-04-02 Plešivec-2.jpeg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF35mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 100

Hi klaspavel,

Welcome to the RF Shooters and the thread!

That, is some mean and moody looking weather sweeping in. Our favourite is image 2 - a real sense of drama!

Hopefully spring is fast approaching (we’re having very similar thoughts here in England… :D ).

P&K

Hi Hali,

A terrific set of images - you have a great eye for composition, abstract shapes and colour - which makes it very difficult to choose a favourite, though Karen favours number 2 and (of course) I agree with her… (y) :p

P&K
Thank you so very much! #2 is my favorite as well. It's gotten me a number of features on Vero as well which always makes me happy, even if I don't make them for social media.

PKM suggested I post some more puffin images here. These were taken last July on Skomer. I'm hoping to visit again in early May when the bluebells are out.
Skomer-9241.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 320
Skomer-9525.jpg
Skomer-9090.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 250

PKM suggested I post some more puffin images here. These were taken last July on Skomer. I'm hoping to visit again in early May when the bluebells are out.
Hi Yang,

Definitely one of our better suggestions (!) - and thank you so much for following up on it with 3 stunning captures of these absolutely wonderful creatures.

As with many birds, the colour differences between the various areas of plumage make capturing such shots a real juggling act - and you've done incredibly well here.

Very difficult to choose a favourite, but we can't get past number 3, featuring a pair of utterly delightful cuties.

Great stuff! (y):)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back