Your R System Images - April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gareth,

What an absolute little cutie - well seen and captured! Thank you for sharing.

Phil
Cutie is one word. Little bastards, are two more. They are relentless in their desire to eat fruit, and are an absolute menace in the vineyard because they peck at the grape berries, drink a drop or two of juice and then move on to the next - and they refuse to be scared out of the nets. They laugh at our cat...

But they are pretty to look at. Ish.

Cutie is one word. Little bastards, are two more. They are relentless in their desire to eat fruit, and are an absolute menace in the vineyard because they peck at the grape berries, drink a drop or two of juice and then move on to the next - and they refuse to be scared out of the nets. They laugh at our cat...

But they are pretty to look at. Ish.
:LOL:

Some random street shots from my recent trip to Japan.
Hi Myles,

Wow, a wealth of photographic treasures here! Very hard to choose a favourite, but image 9 (IMG_6622) draws the viewer in and is quite captivating, so just takes it.

We had planned to visit Japan before 'this and that' intervened (sadly, it is now firmly on the back-burner - but not yet in the bin). Looks like you had a very fine time...

P&K

Hi Myles,

Wow, a wealth of photographic treasures here! Very hard to choose a favourite, but image 9 (IMG_6622) draws the viewer in and is quite captivating, so just takes it.

We had planned to visit Japan before 'this and that' intervened (sadly, it is now firmly on the back-burner - but not yet in the bin). Looks like you had a very fine time...

P&K
Thanks Phil,
This was a much delayed trip to Japan and well worth it. (IMG_6622) was taken on Nakamise Street heading towards Senso-Ji temple in Tokyo. Crazy crowded & literally holding the camera above my head while we were walking and firing off a couple of shots, the definition of spray & pray :)

More waterfall adventures. Processed using the in camera raw file processing.

Dry falls, Lower Falls, and Upper Falls. All along the Blue Ridge Parkway and US 64 in North Carolina. 6 stop ND used.

13D37885-EC4F-45D8-885B-67DAD2C13DF2.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 27.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 3.2 sec
  • ISO 100
BCA6DC1E-7452-4DA5-B0EA-458A6948BEDE.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 47.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 3/10 sec
  • ISO 100
2277836B-228E-4B98-9206-AD604ED1CCBB.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 3/10 sec
  • ISO 100

More waterfall adventures. Processed using the in camera raw file processing.

Dry falls, Lower Falls, and Upper Falls. All along the Blue Ridge Parkway and US 64 in North Carolina. 6 stop ND used.

View attachment 14326View attachment 14327View attachment 14328
Hi Stephen,

Beautifully captured examples of dreamy waterfalls, with the first image of the splendidly silky (Dry Falls?) being our favourite of the set.

Thank you for sharing...

P&K

Hi Stephen,

Beautifully captured examples of dreamy waterfalls, with the first image of the splendidly silky (Dry Falls?) being our favourite of the set.

Thank you for sharing...

P&K
Yes. That’s Dry Falls. So called because you can walk behind it under the cliff and stay dry. The light was best in that area. Nice and soft and shaded. The others were out in the bright sun. Nice little hike though. A couple miles or so with the Upper and Lower falls along the trail.

Images from Somewhere (Else)...

A few images from a recent-ish visit to Ashby-de-la-Zouch Castle, Leicestershire, England.

You can read about its dramatic history by clicking Here.

All were shot raw, processed - and occasionally fiddled about with (sometimes seriously).

(Software: DxO PhotoLab Elite and ViewPoint, Adobe Lightroom Classic and Photoshop).

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Ashby-de-la-Zouch Castle began as a 12th century Manor House, reaching 'Castle' status by the 15th century.
View attachment 14014

The impressive Hastings Tower was built by Lord Hastings (King Edward IV's Chamberlain). It suffered massive damage during the Civil War (basically it was blown up!).
View attachment 14012

Musket holes can still be seen in the walls of the castle.
View attachment 14013

The 'un-blown up' face of Hastings Tower. You can still climb up the stairway to catch views across the surrounding town.
View attachment 14009

The Chapel, which was also added by Lord Hastings.
View attachment 14010

There is an underground passage linking the kitchens to the tower - thought to have been built during the Civil War.
View attachment 14011
Lovely set of images guys, you have a great eye for composition, I think some of your shots would be stunning in BW as it would bring out the details in the buildings ? IMHO Chimpy

Wow what cracking images of one of my favourite birds,I particularly like the second shot with the puffin looking up, great timing. 👍
That's very kind of you. Of the three, that is also my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back