PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images can be posted. If you would like to say something about your images in terms of the subject, settings, or any post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing).

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found by clicking Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Images from Somewhere (Else)...

A few images from a recent-ish visit to Ashby-de-la-Zouch Castle, Leicestershire, England.

You can read about its dramatic history by clicking Here.

All were shot raw, processed - and occasionally fiddled about with (sometimes seriously).

(Software: DxO PhotoLab Elite and ViewPoint, Adobe Lightroom Classic and Photoshop).

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Ashby-de-la-Zouch Castle began as a 12th century Manor House, reaching 'Castle' status by the 15th century.
RFS-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 32.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

The impressive Hastings Tower was built by Lord Hastings (King Edward IV's Chamberlain). It suffered massive damage during the Civil War (basically it was blown up!).
RFS-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

Musket holes can still be seen in the walls of the castle.
RFS-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

The 'un-blown up' face of Hastings Tower. You can still climb up the stairway to catch views across the surrounding town.
RFS-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 125

The Chapel, which was also added by Lord Hastings.
RFS-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

There is an underground passage linking the kitchens to the tower - thought to have been built during the Civil War.
RFS-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 6400

Last edited:
A couple from a visit to Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Beware the immigration staff at the airport they require there palms to be crossed with money!

52CD657E-FF9C-42E9-9F99-CFF81A143FC8.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • EF16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

60250CA0-482F-4854-8FE2-9F7906529496.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 5000

470990D0-ADC6-42CB-B8DA-D53DE9094838.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Hi Phil,

Nice shots!

We remember our visit there back in 2017 - they were having 'a bit of a heatwave' and touring this place was one of the most challenging times of our lives. (It was also truly wonderful).

Fortunately, we were shooting with an EOS 6D, Fuji FinePix S1 and our iPhones, so we can't post any shots of the state we got into on here as it's limited to R System images... :LOL::LOL:

(Of note, our EF 24-105L lens went on the fritz as we began the day :eek: and our EF 40mm pancake stepped in to become forever our hero lens... (y) :)).

P&K

Hi Phil,

Nice shots!

We remember our visit there back in 2017 - they were having 'a bit of a heatwave' and touring this place was one of the most challenging times of our lives. (It was also truly wonderful).

Fortunately, we were shooting with an EOS 6D, Fuji FinePix S1 and our iPhones, so we can't post any shots of the state we got into on here as it's limited to R System images... :LOL::LOL:

(Of note, our EF 24-105L lens went on the fritz as we began the day :eek: and our EF 40mm pancake stepped in to become forever our hero lens... (y) :)).

P&K
Thanks.

It was pretty hot on our visit, I was wilting! Probably why I took more shots with my iPhone 14 Pro than I did with the R6!

I remember the EF 40mm pancake, excellent lens! I remember one comment about its sharpness along the lines, 'why go for the 500 f4 when you can crop the 40 mm?'

A wander around Minsmere and we found a number of Adders sunbathing, probably as it had been a cold night. Although they weren't posing that well, but nice to get a black one, before it slithered into the undergrowth.

In the past I would normally process in Canon's DPP first, I tried Adobe Camera Raw again and was pleasantly surprised that the images were matching what I was seeing in DPP. So processed these in ACR.

Adder Minsmere R5-019405.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF2x
  • 902.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/15 sec
  • ISO 100

Adder Minsmere R5-019408.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 1,000.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 100

Black Adder Minsmere R5-019406.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 902.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100

An unbelievable set of shots, beautiful from Angkor Wat and dangerous with the adder.

A recent image taken in our local woods - Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire England.

This wild male (buck) Muntjac deer, kindly stood pretending to be a bush long enough for me to wrestle my camera out of its bag (I was near the end of my walk and I'd just put it away :rolleyes: ), fiddle about with the settings and grab a shot.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop).

Phil

RFS-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 400

Last edited:
Took this shot yesterday of a Japanese Bush Warbler (Uguisu), which has one of the most iconic bird calls in Japan. Most of the year, if you're in any forest or thicket, you'll hear them all around. The problem is spotting these small, well-camouflaged birds, even when you hear them 2-3 meters in front of your face...can be a bit on the maddening side. Here, I waded into the undergrowth, determined to be patient and wait for any movement (made difficult with all the flies buzzing in my face). Finally spotted one and popped off a few shots (thank you spot AF). With the rf100-500 w/1.4ext., I got a pretty noisy image in the bad light under the canopy, and I should have lowered the shutter speed (these birds flit about constantly, so I had it initially high). Tamed it as best I could with Topaz Sharpen.
uguisu.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 12800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back