Your R System Images - December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just scrolling through my shots recently taken at the Vienna Christmas Market in front of the Rathaus (City Hall) around the blue hour. Among them I think this one turned out to be the money shot. How do you like it?

Attachments

• 9Y3A9501.jpg
    9Y3A9501.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 39
I'm still in my weird creative phase. This is a focus stack of 25 images of frozen flowers with a texture applied with the subtract blending mode in photoshop applied to the top layer (for those inquiring minds)
The RF 100mm macro is probably tied for my favorite lens of all time.

View attachment 22690
I think this is very nice indeed. And I agree about the 100 Macro. I might be interesting to see the original stacked image as well.

I think this is very nice indeed. And I agree about the 100 Macro. I might be interesting to see the original stacked image as well.
Thank you so much. Here is the original, stacked image.

2023_05_31_FrozenFlowers-10411-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 1250

Just scrolling through my shots recently taken at the Vienna Christmas Market in front of the Rathaus (City Hall) around the blue hour. Among them I think this one turned out to be the money shot. How do you like it?
That's lovely. What a beautiful place all lit up.

These are absolutely wonderful, Phil and Karen! I love the way you showcase the beauty of these places. I feel like I'm standing there.
Hi Hali,

Thank you for those very kind words - much appreciated!

This was one of those places where you often had to pause to take it all in.

P&K

I'm still in my weird creative phase. This is a focus stack of 25 images of frozen flowers with a texture applied with the subtract blending mode in photoshop applied to the top layer (for those inquiring minds)
The RF 100mm macro is probably tied for my favorite lens of all time.

View attachment 22690
Hi Hali,

An absolutely beautiful and enthralling image, certainly well worth all your efforts.

A fascinating technique, which must surely inspire others - thank you for sharing… :)

P&P

Hi Ferenc,

We think it’s absolutely superb - the festive season personified!

Well seen and beautifully captured, thank you for sharing… :)

P&K

Thank you so much. Here is the original, stacked image.

View attachment 22694
Hi Hali,

I remember this from when you originally posted it (I think we touched on digital framing?). The re-edit you posted took an already wonderful image and added an equally wonderful alternative take. (I wouldn’t have made the connection unless you mentioned it).

Very nice work indeed… :)

Phil

In order to celebrate my retirement (and also to be out of reach should my employer need me!!!) my wife and I took a two week trip to Spain at the beginning of October . Over that period we flew 8200 miles, rode trains 1800 miles, walked an average of 10 miles a day, visited 7 cities...and had a BLAST!!!

The following are a series of images I took of the Royal Alcazar (palace) in Segovia. Since I had only recently got my R7 I shot all in auto mode (shame, shame) as I did not want to risk my lack of knowledge destroying the memories of this once in a lifetime trip. I chose these somewhat in response to my discussion with Phil earlier about getting "people free" interiors. This was really the only location where we were moderately successful due to the popularity of the locations we visited.

All are straight from the camera JPEGs - I have CRAW versions, so processing in Lightroom is my next learning curve!
Anyway, here goes!!!!

7O8A0980.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

7O8A0990.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 5000
7O8A0991.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 5000
7O8A0994.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 6400
7O8A0997.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 640
7O8A1002.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/40 sec
  • ISO 6400
7O8A1004.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 1600
7O8A1007.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 2500
7O8A1014.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 400
7O8A1018.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
All are straight from the camera JPEGs: I have cRAW versions, so processing in Lightroom is my next learning curve!
Woody…

Spain was our first destination after retiring. Wonderful memories… but none recorded on an R-series Canon (didn't exist in 2007!).

I think you made the right decision shooting JPEGs using fully auto, but having the RAW files to tweak later precludes any chance of beginner's remorse!

The choice is yours, and I realise that you didn't seek 'sage advice', but I'll suggest using Lightroom Classic – LrC (files on your computer) rather than Lightroom – Lr (files on Adobe's computers) for organising and editing images.

… David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back