Your R System Images - February 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was waiting to go to Portugal I made some programming changes to both my R6II and R7. The R7 has only one QC dial and you can't program the Magnify button for AF. I like to keep both bodies as consistent ads possible so that presented a few problems.

I've always kept AF on the Shutter button and used the AF-ON to toggle for AF override if Eye Detect failed. I know have the AF-ON set to Zone AF. It worked really well picking out any cormorant out of a bunch I wanted shoot. It's great for BIF. Still evaluating that. Now the * button cycles between Whole Area AF, Single and Spot AF if I need to hone in. Both bodies offer Eye Detect in all those modes so it worked well.

My biggest problem has always been switching between fast and slow shutter speeds quickly so I programmed the C1-3 for that. I was so excited to get out I forgot to use it :) . ISO was far too high for stills. Next time.

Hi OnlyRF,

Well, if that's 'a little rusty' we're looking forward to you getting up to speed ( :cool: ) - absolutely wonderful captures of a spectacular creature!

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks. I'm used to working on a 27" screen and now I'm on a 13' laptop so struggling a little there. I got my process down before I left so I have to put some trust into that. Going to head over to a local electronics store and look into a monitor.

Some recent-ish shots from our local woods (Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. Nuthatch (with nut)...

View attachment 25018

2. Happiness is (European Robin)...

View attachment 25019

3. And a good morning to you (Blackbird)...

View attachment 25020

4. Looking very smart today (European Robin)...

View attachment 25021

5. Go on, you know you want to (Blue Tit)...

View attachment 25022

6. H-e-l-l-o... (Grey Squirrel)...

View attachment 25023
I think
Some recent-ish shots from our local woods (Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. Nuthatch (with nut)...

View attachment 25018

2. Happiness is (European Robin)...

View attachment 25019

3. And a good morning to you (Blackbird)...

View attachment 25020

4. Looking very smart today (European Robin)...

View attachment 25021

5. Go on, you know you want to (Blue Tit)...

View attachment 25022

6. H-e-l-l-o... (Grey Squirrel)...

View attachment 25023
That squirrel looks familiar.

Hi David,

Two fantastic images of an absolutely beautiful creature - spectacular - well seen and caught!

P&K
Thanks. Luckily, this one seemed to be tolerant of people being fairly close.

I think

That squirrel looks familiar.
Hi David,

I believe it's the same squirrel each time, though there's a group of 3-4 who have worked out this is a good spot to find (and 'borrow') bird seed/ nuts.

Suspect #1 is in the habit of hiding round the back of the nearest tree, then taking a cheeky peek to see if we're still watching. What a little cutie... :)

Phil

_G7A8869-Enhanced-NR-Edit-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 5000

Some birds are just a bit more tolerant of your proximity.View attachment 25059
Hi David,

A fine capture/ composition of a beautiful creature - excellent control of the light given the competing demands, resulting in great detail/ rich colour.

(And what a little cutie!).

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back