Your R System Images - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hali,

In terms of cc, I would caveat any comments by saying the image as presented is (as per my original comments) absolutely wonderful and a joy to behold, I really like the zingy results that this imaginative technique yields.

However, you asked and so with my best OCD head on, here you go -

Personally, I would take the image through to Photoshop (other apps are available) and set to healing some of the (very minor) surface scratches.

I would try removing/ replacing the lone green leaf (right side) to assess if that improved things (there is a risk this would effect the overall balance).

I would try a digital frame, similarly assessing whether this was beneficial, or otherwise.

Apart from these comments (which I've had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with), I'm struggling to find fault - you nailed it... :)

Phil
Hi Hali,

In terms of cc, I would caveat any comments by saying the image as presented is (as per my original comments) absolutely wonderful and a joy to behold, I really like the zingy results that this imaginative technique yields.

However, you asked and so with my best OCD head on, here you go -

Personally, I would take the image through to Photoshop (other apps are available) and set to healing some of the (very minor) surface scratches.

I would try removing/ replacing the lone green leaf (right side) to assess if that improved things (there is a risk this would effect the overall balance).

I would try a digital frame, similarly assessing whether this was beneficial, or otherwise.

Apart from these comments (which I've had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with), I'm struggling to find fault - you nailed it... :)

Phil
Thanks so much, Phil this is exactly what I was looking for.
I will pull it back into PS and look for those areas. I spent some time with the obvious ones but I wasn’t ocd enough! I did try to take out the leaf it makes that bottom area be very blank, I may try cropping it up and see how that works.
I’ve never used digital frames and wouldn’t know where to start with them. I think some of the NIK collection has some? I have the original topaz studio so maybe I will check that out too. I think you had said in the past you have studio2 but not sure that is available still (or what it costs)
Thank you again and I’m growing a thick enough skin to always appreciate cc!

Thanks so much, Phil this is exactly what I was looking for.
I will pull it back into PS and look for those areas. I spent some time with the obvious ones but I wasn’t ocd enough! I did try to take out the leaf it makes that bottom area be very blank, I may try cropping it up and see how that works.
I’ve never used digital frames and wouldn’t know where to start with them. I think some of the NIK collection has some? I have the original topaz studio so maybe I will check that out too. I think you had said in the past you have studio2 but not sure that is available still (or what it costs)
Thank you again and I’m growing a thick enough skin to always appreciate cc!
Hi Hali,

I‘d have been very pleased to have produced that image - I should be so skilful. :)

As far as I know Topaz Labs have stopped selling Studio 2 (my preferred digital frame app). Nik Collection has some frames and Photoshop can make them (usual grey arts stuff). If you wish, I can put your image in a Studio 2 frame and upload it here?

Phil

Hi Hali,

I‘d have been very pleased to have produced that image - I should be so skilful. :)

As far as I know Topaz Labs have stopped selling Studio 2 (my preferred digital frame app). Nik Collection has some frames and Photoshop can make them (usual grey arts stuff). If you wish, I can put your image in a Studio 2 frame and upload it here?

Phil
That would be wonderful if you could just so I can see it. Thank you again!

Hi Hali,

Leave it with me - it will probably be tomorrow (time differences, weariness and all that kind of stuff). Please stay tuned… :)

Phil

Hi Don,

Two great captures of wonderful creatures - such colourful plumage. Terrific poses by both, good subject isolation and perfect eye catch-light to polish things off.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks Phil

Hi Hali,

As promised, some sample framed versions. (I fell at the first hurdle as I couldn't work out how to download the image off here and had to resort to the old 'screen capture ploy', so please bear with any resultant issues with your image).

Should you like any of the frames, note that if you load them into Photoshop (or similar) as a layer you can can add another image as a new layer over the top, then re-size the new layer to fit the frame (hey presto - a framed image! :) ).

Phil

1. Mat colour matched to (top right) flower...

RF-S-F-1.jpg

2. Textured Mat...

RF-S-F-2.jpg

3. Frame colour matched to (mid left) flower...

RF-S-F-3.jpg

4. Textured wide Mat...

RF-S-F-4.jpg

Hi Hali,

As promised, some sample framed versions. (I fell at the first hurdle as I couldn't work out how to download the image off here and had to resort to the old 'screen capture ploy', so please bear with any resultant issues with your image).

Should you like any of the frames, note that if you load them into Photoshop (or similar) as a layer you can can add another image as a new layer over the top, then re-size the new layer to fit the frame (hey presto - a framed image! :) ).

Phil

View attachment 16799

2. Textured Mat...

View attachment 16800

View attachment 16801

4. Textured wide Mat...

View attachment 16802
Oh wow!!! Those look just fantastic. I especially like the red frame with the gray mat. I will look at Dave Kelly’s site I think he still has an active link to where you can purchase studio 2 from topaz

The mountain laurel in our front yard. Canon R7, 18-150 mm RF-S lens, f/13 at 1/160, ISO 200

Attachments

• 105A0164.jpg
    105A0164.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 28
From a drive out to Kandos on the weekend

Derelict railway station at Capertee

_RR_5997 .jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 42.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 640

_RR_5995.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 250

_RR_6027.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 640

In Kandos

_RR_5987 .jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 61.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 250

Looking towards the Grose valley

_RR_6043.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 1000

Attachments

• _RR_5997 .jpg
    _RR_5997 .jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi Hali,

Phil

View attachment 16799

2. Textured Mat...

View attachment 16800

View attachment 16801

4. Textured wide Mat...

View attachment 16802
No.3 hanging on a wall in a frame like that would look really good in my apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back