Your R System Images - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A clematis flower from our backyard.
105A0178.jpg

Hi Hali,

My pleasure!

Good luck with securing a copy of Studio 2. Here is a link to the Topaz: Legacy App Download Area. If you contact Topaz Support, who I've always found to be very helpful and accommodating, they may permit you to purchase a licence?

If it helps, tell them Phil Moore sent you... 😂 😂 😂

(Studio 2 is one of my favourite creative programs - it can do so much more than just framing. I'm really very sorry Topaz decided to discontinue it and I hope that in the future they may reconsider their decision and produce a new version)
I did download it then looked in my password manager. I had this weird entry for "topaz 2" on a whim I tried it and lo and behold I *do* have a Studio 2 license! Ahhhh thethings I will be playing with. I'm not sure I actually ever used it. I did use the original studio with all the plugins and I think I upgraded it but then picked up the Nik software and never installed it. I have had a bad case GAS in my lifetime.

Thanks again for the link!

I did download it then looked in my password manager. I had this weird entry for "topaz 2" on a whim I tried it and lo and behold I *do* have a Studio 2 license! Ahhhh thethings I will be playing with. I'm not sure I actually ever used it. I did use the original studio with all the plugins and I think I upgraded it but then picked up the Nik software and never installed it. I have had a bad case GAS in my lifetime.

Thanks again for the link!
Hi Hali,

Fantastic! The gist of the settings I used for the frame you liked are shown below (I didn't save the exact values, but you can adjust them to taste).

Once you have something you like save it as a 'Look' - you can then apply the exact same settings again (and, if required, adapt them from there).

Have fun… :D

Phil

RF-S-S2-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's lovely! Our Clematis haven't started blooming yet.
This is an early bloomer, it has been showing off for about a month now.

Just finished thinning out/ processing the (5,400) raw files from our recent visits to Chester Zoo - some images from which may appear in a forum near here in July... :)

In the meantime, some images taken in our local woods I just found lurking in the RF-S folder...

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

Phil

1. Go on, you know you want to... (Blue Tit).

RF-SX-1-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1250

2. Hello matey... (Muntjac Deer).

RF-SX-1-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. Good morning... (European Robin).

RF-SX-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1600

another with r6ii please pass on your expert knowledge guys would have say 4 second exposure translated into sharper image? #0 seconds is for multiple stikes but wasnt happening on this night should have changed. But when ya stuff around around for a few minutes ya might miss a good one

0K0A5269_DxO.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 95.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back