Your R System Images - May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
To provide some context to the draft horse plowing images previously posted, here is a panorama from last year's event. Stitch of 6 images using Microsoft ICE. R5 ISO 100 1/800 F5.6. RF 70-200 F4L lens at 70mm.

CL8A2686_stitch-2.jpg

Some photos from the annual draft animal plowing contest held at our local museum. Normally held in April, it was rescheduled to May this year because the ground was too wet due to a very wet winter and spring.

A field is partitioned into sections and each contestant plows one section and is judged on various criteria. Here, the horses and plowman stop for a break to rest the horses and talk with the spectators. In spite of the ominous clouds, the rain held off until about the last 15 minutes of the 4 hour event.

View attachment 16678

This is Suzanne. She won the top prize last year and this year. The first person to win two years in a row in the history of the contest. The mules are real hams. They always look towards the camera.

View attachment 16679

Duane and his 7 year old grand daughter. He is very skilled in plowing with draft horses, so she is learning from one of the best. The white specks that show on the dark horses are rain drops falling. The rain held off until the end of the plowing.

View attachment 16680

One of the awards is a vote for people's choice by the spectators. It was essentially a tie for the two women as seen here.

View attachment 16681
These are wonderful!! It looks like a great time.

A derelict house, Maryland, in 470nm (hypercolor) infrared.
2023_05_AssateagueIsland-10006-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

*** Your R System Images - May 2023 *** Thread Closed…

A wonderful collection of inspirational R System images this month - posted from people all around the world and viewed by people all around the world - we’ve really enjoyed seeing them. So far the the May thread has had 143 replies and 2k views (fantastic!). A HUGE ‘thank you’ to all of the contributors and commentators - your talents and time are appreciated!!

You can continue to post any comments here, but the June thread is now open for all new images (including any additional May material).

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Last edited:
Almost the size of a hand.
52903740861_2067f6b0e9_o.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 284.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 200

Swallowtails have just started making a appearance in our gardens.

Hi Frank,

A fantastic capture of a beautiful creature!

('Almost the size of a hand' sounds mildly alarming to me - Phil - though Karen would be completely enthralled... 😅 ).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Well, I may have exaggerated a little bit :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back