PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images can be posted. If you would like to say something about your images in terms of the subject, settings, or any post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing).

Images posted here will be available to view in the Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found by clicking Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Last edited:
A few images from our recent visit to Arbury Hall, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England.

Photography is not allowed inside the house, which is home to the Newdigate family.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2)

You can read more about Arbury Hall by clicking Here and George Eliot by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Arbury Hall, built on the ruins of a 12th century Augustinian Priory, stands in the midst of 18th century landscaped gardens, surrounded by over 100 acres of lakes and parkland and has been the home of the Newdegate family for over 400 years.

RF-SP-A1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The gardens, like the house, are due largely to Sir Roger Newdigate - who inherited the Estate in 1734 at the age of 14 and reigned at Arbury for 72 years - and are in the picturesque manner prevalent in the second half of the eighteenth century,

RF-SP-A2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 200

3. Mary Ann Evans (better known as George Eliot), was born in 1819 at South Farm on the Arbury Estate, where her father was for many years the agent.

RF-SP-A3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 1000

4. ‘Cheveral Manor’, which figures prominently in some of her novels, is Arbury.

RF-SP-A4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 22.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 1250

Last edited:
Hi Yang,

A wonderfully vibrant image, with the luscious rich red theme working very nicely. Love the romantic (soft-glow?) effect too.

P&K
Thanks Phil and Karen. Not soft-glow, just light (and shade) 😀

Hi Bryan,

Your skills and efforts have been rewarded with the creation of an absolutely spellbinding image. Wonderful - thank your sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks Phil and Karen,

When I was a boy, 50+ years ago, I wanted to be a legend in my own time when I grew up. Now that I am 57, and now act like I am 14 I have come to accept that I will only be a legend in my own mind.

A few pictures of the cosmos...

...garden cosmos, or Mexican aster (Cosmos bipinnatus), in the kitchen garden. They've been challenging me to make some images every time the sun has come out.

021A9281.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

...and backside illumination (no bottoms involved)...

021A9307.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

It might be late-ish autumn down here, but the workers are still busy.

021A9296.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

And a wider BSI perspective, obtained by stepping backwards.

021A9302.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

All processed in Lightroom Classic, but nothing too dramatic. I used the adaptive preset Pop on the two large flowers. Every time I put the RF100 on the R6 I am reminded how much I like the way it renders floral colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back