Your R System Images - May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pictures of the cosmos...

...garden cosmos, or Mexican aster (Cosmos bipinnatus), in the kitchen garden. They've been challenging me to make some images every time the sun has come out.

View attachment 15572

...and backside illumination (no bottoms involved)...

View attachment 15575

It might be late-ish autumn down here, but the workers are still busy.

View attachment 15576

And a wider BSI perspective, obtained by stepping backwards.

View attachment 15577

All processed in Lightroom Classic, but nothing too dramatic. I used the adaptive preset Pop on the two large flowers. Every time I put the RF100 on the R6 I am reminded how much I like the way it renders floral colours.
Hi Gareth,

A terrific set of images capturing nature's wonders. (It looks like you have a very beautiful kitchen garden to explore!).

We love photographing flowers - always a challenge (for us), but a also a joy and terrific fun to play around with in post.

You've done really well here in all respects, so much for us to admire and learn from - thank you for sharing!

P&K

Last edited:
The Naples (FL) pier. Shot with the R5 and the 24-240.

Attachments

• BY3A3792.jpg
    BY3A3792.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 56
The Naples (FL) pier. Shot with the R5 and the 24-240.
Hi David,

A wonderful image, bold leading lines and the promise of warm seas under blue skies - who could want more?

(As we pack our camper van in anticipation of a week getting absolutely drenched, we’re not at all jealous… :cool: ).

P&K

Great shot. You could probably sell that photo to the state or county tourism board.

Great shot. You could probably sell that photo to the state or county tourism board.
Hi Mike,

We're not sure who you're replying to (is there a way to check in the absence of a quoted Reply/ threaded view?), but on behalf of everyone who's posted so far - Cheers, much appreciated!! :D

P&K

Hi Mike,

We're not sure who you're replying to (is there a way to check in the absence of a quoted Reply/ threaded view?), but on behalf of everyone who's posted so far - Cheers, much appreciated!! :D

P&K
And that's why I'd love to see the "threaded" view become available. In a flat view it's tough to know who replies to who.

My mistake, or over simplification. My last comment was intended for the image created by dmanthree (the beach with pier view). But my comment applies to just about all of the images here. We have some very talented photographers on this forum!

My mistake, or over simplification. My last comment was intended for the image created by dmanthree (the beach with pier view). But my comment applies to just about all of the images here. We have some very talented photographers on this forum!
Hi Mike,

No problem at all - I constantly have to remind myself to press 'Reply' (a different way of working than what I'm used to).

Me and Karen gain so much joy and inspiration from hosting these threads - and viewing the wider forums - and we fully agree with you about all of the images and photographers on the site.

Thank you for coming back to confirm the recipient (a wonderful image - and that clear blue sky!).

Phil

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back