Canon R5 Anyone using a L Bracket on an R6 (or R5)

TMac99

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tracey
Is anyone using an an ARCA L bracket on an R6, (or also R5 if they are the same body - not sure of that). For it to be useful to quickly switch into portrait orientation it would have to allow the screen to still have full articulation. I can't quite confirm that from any web site reviews I have seen. The Ellie from 3 Legged Things looks promising, but as I said, can't quite confirm full screen articulation with the beaker installed.

Thanks for all the input. I ended up with a ProMediaGear PLCR56. The vertical arm is pushed forward and it keeps well out of the way of the side connections and allows full screen articulation. Of course, it was one of the most expensive (why does it always work out that way), but it is a quality piece of gear that does exactly what needed.

View attachment 2807
I’m also using the pro media gear. I had a smallrig and disliked it, the Small slot for the screen imo is terrible.
I do wish, on the pmg, that they could come up with some sort of quick release for the L part instead of the 2 1/4-20’s. I leave the baseplate on all the time because I have a peak design strap attached to it

I use the Three Legged Thing Roxie Dedicated L-Bracket for Canon EOS R5 & R6 cameras. Brilliant bit of kit and able to take a Black Rapid strap anchor fitting when required. It also take the Canon E2 hand strap which I keep attached all the time. I connect the strap directly to the bracket (without the swivel) so I can attach the camera to my tripod without any faff!

Attachments

• Roxio L Bracket with Canon E2.JPG
    Roxio L Bracket with Canon E2.JPG
    538.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. I ended up with a ProMediaGear PLCR56. The vertical arm is pushed forward and it keeps well out of the way of the side connections and allows full screen articulation. Of course, it was one of the most expensive (why does it always work out that way), but it is a quality piece of gear that does exactly what needed.

View attachment 2807
What is he difference between SS2 and QD? I want to order this bracket but confused on choices.

View attachment 2807What is he difference between SS2 and QD? I want to order this but I am confused by the choices.

I bought my L bracket for my Canon R w/ grip from Amazon wasn’t that cheap but wasn’t as expensive from RRS. So far it’s been amazing, no complaints yet.

Attachments

• 255ABB3B-0DA5-4A15-8CFC-36B3DFD5AB55.jpeg
    255ABB3B-0DA5-4A15-8CFC-36B3DFD5AB55.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 125

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back