Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So what features would people like to see added to the R5 either via firmware update or a new R5 Mark II. Obviously one needs to be realistic about what's possible to add via firmware, there certainly won't be an increase in megapixels. Thanks to @Greg for suggesting this thread.

Thanks for the mention Timothy.

I cannot take all the credit, there was a short discussion not long ago on the forum, not been able to find the posts. When someone mention the lack of sound when using the e-shutter that gave me the momentum to ask for a Wish List slot in the forum.

A few days ago I tested my new CF card and my R5 20 fps feature. There was not hint you had pressed the release except a slight flicker in the viewfinder. I think I detect a very feint sound but no where near loud enough to attract your attention.

On behalf of myself, another, and probably everyone using the e-shutter, please can we have a sound when using it.

Last edited:
an easier way to go back and forth between video and photos ... my 70D and my 6D both had a manual switch my R5 its in a menu ... took my 10 minutes on google to figure out how to switch back to photo .... maybe some one else knows an easy way currently

an easier way to go back and forth between video and photos ... my 70D and my 6D both had a manual switch my R5 its in a menu ... took my 10 minutes on google to figure out how to switch back to photo .... maybe some one else knows an easy way currently
Just hit mode then info. Also if you set up your custom shooting modes the red record button instantly starts recording with those setting when in stills mode.

You can set up a custom button to do that. I have the M-Fn button set to toggle between photo & video.

Today I was playing with my upgrade from M100 to M6. There is a feature on the M6 I have not seen before. It's a sort of spirit level on 2 axes. The easiest way to describe it is, Pitch and Roll. I want it
EDIT:
It's called an electronic spirit level on an M6

Last edited:
So what features would people like to see added to the R5 either via firmware update or a new R5 Mark II. Obviously one needs to be realistic about what's possible to add via firmware, there certainly won't be an increase in megapixels. Thanks to @Greg for suggesting this thread.
Focus peaking when you use the focus ring when in auto as well as when in manual focus.

Being able to choose auditory feedback with the electronic shutter.

Variable speed turbo. 20 fps is sometimes too fast, other times less would be enough.

Variable speed would also benefit those with old slow memory cards

Today I was playing with my upgrade from M100 to M6. There is a feature on the M6 I have not seen before. It's a sort of spirit level on 2 axes. The easiest way to describe it is, Pitch and Roll. I want it
EDIT:
It's called an electronic spirit level on an M6
Greg - the R5 already has a level, it's not the same display style as on the M6 (The EOS R uses the same display style as the M6 though). You set it up through the Shoot7 menu Shooting info. disp. options and then when shooting you can use the info button to cycle through the different screen configs to display it.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back