Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
RagnaR@4k
Good morning,
I recently purchased a Canon R7 which I use with an 18-150.
A strange fact happens: after a few shots, the camera, for no apparent reasons, goes into a state of suspension where the following events occur: "M" appears at the top left in the viewfinder while Tv has been set. The shutter button is inactive and the firing point is gone. All the objects in the image seem to have red shadows. I tried turning the camera off and on again, but the thing persists. Then it all ends after some minutes without any external action. It would seem to be something related to internal overheating as I read in some posts, which would explain why it starts again after a while.

If any of you had any suggestions on the matter I would only be highly grateful.
Greetings to everyone
Fabio

You're welcome. I like puzzles. :)

If I start to dismount a lens while I'm using the R7, I get exactly what you are experiencing: MF, red fringing, and a disabled shutter button. I would start with a careful inspection of the pins and contacts on your camera and adapter. Make sure the pins are pushing in and out freely, and that the contacts all look the same with no debris. Maybe try a different adapter, if you don't find anything obvious. I think the simple answer is that the camera is losing communication with the lens.
Surely I will do that!
Thanks again.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back