Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
I found that the price of the R7 at Walmart is more than $200 less than in any other online store. Good news for those thinking about buying this camera.

Note: I do not have any affiliation or getting any commission by posting this link here.

Amazon is also selling the R7 for the same exact price, however, it is being sold as renewed. Walmart doesn't say it is renewed, but on that page it does say it being "sold and shipped" by a company called JumboBuys. I went to their website and it says the website is not quite ready. Also, the website is not secure... it is http and https. That said, I wonder if JumboBuys is selling "renewed" R7s. They used to be a seller on Amazon, but has not been an active seller there for 5 years. Okay, just my 2 cents. I used to work in Cybersecurity as a "White Hat" hacker so I have a suspicious streak. Could be nothing at all and just a good deal.

And you have to be careful if it is gray market... that is the usual price for a gray market camera. I heard of that happening to someone who bought an R6 at Best Buy and had to send it in for repair and found out the hard way.

I too was in cyber security and have the same suspicious streak as AKVet, which is why I get "itchy" about buying expensive things through Amazon - full info is usually lacking. I know that Amazon is good with customer support and refunds, but I'd rather avoid that step altogether.

I too was in cyber security and have the same suspicious streak as AKVet, which is why I get "itchy" about buying expensive things through Amazon - full info is usually lacking. I know that Amazon is good with customer support and refunds, but I'd rather avoid that step altogether.
Good points, but keep in mind that this may be covered by Walmart return and refund policies.

Okay, everyone else who have a degree in Cybersecurity, raise your hand:đź‘‹

(Anyone need a copy of "The Art of Invisibility" by the late Kevin Mitnick let me know)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back