Other Off to Africa

Ok, leaving in 10 days for the Chobe, Dinaka, the Kalihari, and Madekwe. Worked out lens pooling with my traveling partner to distribute weight. I am taking my 2 R5s, the RF 100-500, the RF 70-200 f/2.8 and the two extenders (1.4x and 2x). He is carrying his R5, his RF 100-500, and my RF 24-105 f/4 and my 15-35 f/2.8 along with his M50 and one lens.
So, we are covered from 15mm to 1000mm. The photo guide at Pangolin suggested bringing the 70-200 for use in the water level hides at three of the locations.

Hope they don't mind that I will be wearing the same clothes for 3 weeks as I prioritized lenses over clothes.
lol.gif
. Biggest problem was integrating my Bi-Pap into the luggage with sufficient padding to withstand the baggage monkeys.

May be overthinking this, but we will alternate getting food in J'berg for the one night we are there, so we don't leave the photo gear alone in the room at any time. Between the two of us there will be about $30k of gear (including computers) in the room for the overnight before flying to Kasane.
The Okavango is one of my favourite places on the planet, although I haven't been there for about 10 yrs. Enjoy!

Ask the people at Pangolin:
They might agree that a lens you can carry is better than one left home. I suspect the insured freight charge to Africa for a 'Big White' would be about the same as a 600 f/11 (and a $10 eBay hood). In Africa, you will find some sun some of the time but lose those lete evening shots.

I don't know about all of you but I'm excited to see his images when he gets back! We went to Africa 3 years ago with Wild Eye and it was wonderful. They were a great group. If I could afford to go again I would either go with Wild Eye again or go with Pangolin.

I don't know about all of you but I'm excited to see his images when he gets back! We went to Africa 3 years ago with Wild Eye and it was wonderful. They were a great group. If I could afford to go again I would either go with Wild Eye again or go with Pangolin.
me too, looking forward to those images.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back