Trying Photolab

Holiday weekend here had sat and sunday off from farm duties sort off.

Down loaded Capture One a tad more difficult for me not saying better or worse.

I just sort of clean photos up enahance them rather that full blown editing.

Maybe something like radiant photo is ok but do get alot of noise at times hence my leaning towards dxo.

The auto on LR or Prestes on dxo do alot for me, then ran some through radiant after that seems to tweak em a little.

Probably should be in begginers section.

Heightened storm probability this arvo better take camera with me

Ok come to conclusion for me not the sharpest chisel in the set that caputre one to complicated for me and DXO Lightroom easier for me in that order.

Will download topaz free trial in next week see how i like that one.

Plan is to get a noisy lightning shot and post on here with topaz LR and PL and C1 side by side no other editing than noise reduction

I would mostly agree with the review as posted. They both have their uses but the Adobe software is new and in need of further development.

Thanks great link and read and comments.
Quite a few storm chasing buddies use either topaz or dxo and lightroom comes in third different genre than many types of photography that can be roughly grouped lightning is "one on its own"
When its all said and done all good for hobbyists like me

Another review of them all
PS not photolab
https://www.findingtheuniverse.com/best-noise-reduction-software/

Does anyone here know where I can get a copy of DXO PL5? The reason is my Mac system is too old for PL6 and after spending all my pension😉 on the r6ii and the 100-500 lens I am now skint and can't afford a new Mac a.t.m. I have just finished a free trial of PL5 and I'm impressed, it also works fine with Catalina.

Cheers,
Cliff.

I'm surprised they won't accommodate you. While they are on PL6, it's not like they deleted every copy of PL5 they had. Perhaps they don't have a mechanism to sell directly. That is, the only way for them to sell is through their channel which doesn't any longer have PL5. I have no further suggestions. I wish you success.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back