Trying Photolab

I don't know if this will help, but people are selling PL5 on eBay. I'm unclear what exactly they're selling, but if you are willing to query them, here's a link:

I bought DxO the minute Lightroom went subscription. Bought Affinity Photo at the same time to replace Photoshop. I have yet to find anything these two programs can't do (I was never a preset user so I didn't know if I was missing anything or not..)

I also have a handful of Topaz apps that I like but I don't use them much for my photography - mostly for my movie posters (don't ask - long story lol)..

I hate subscription models and haven't found one yet I couldn't ignore. hehe..

Other oddities I love are Radiant Photo, Luminar Neo, and JPEG Mini..
Guess if radiant wasnt quite as expensive as it is it would take off

I don't know if this will help, but people are selling PL5 on eBay. I'm unclear what exactly they're selling, but if you are willing to query them, here's a link:

Like New Used. Lol. How can you wear software out? Is the a PL license transferable?

I think eBay demands checking a box that, in the case of software, is silly such as Condition leading to the seller choosing one or another reply. I don't know if licenses can be transferred or even if there are consumer laws in certain nations that require them to be.

I think eBay demands checking a box that, in the case of software, is silly such as Condition leading to the seller choosing one or another reply. I don't know if licenses can be transferred or even if there are consumer laws in certain nations that require them to be.
I looked a little and there is transferring like from an old to new computer which fine. They all do that. Selling a licence is another thing and I don't think you can.

PL5 won't come with disk but in the olden days when software did it came with the base version. After install you would get updates until that version support ended. I'm not sure how an online purchase of pre-owned software would work. Do you get the base version? If so and the seller can't sell the license then you won't get any updates. Not sure what final version PL5 ended with before PL6 was released.

Been seriously playing with capture one. Not as daunting as I initially thought. Then I got a message 1 day left. So played some more. Then another free trial expired left it. Then 30% discount offer after a week. Checked out the pricing structure. Appears the discount is to all ownership options. The full ownership one of less 30% is attractive. Was going to wait till Black Friday for DXO. Unsure again confusing this editing game. A pro suggested “you will grow into it as you learn” cheap per year and depends how often and if ya get discounted upgrades when due tricky one

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back