Your Lightroom Classic Tips and Tricks...

Hi OnlyRF,

A very good tutorial and technique.

In terms of the final section, I've created an adaptive preset which (basically) does a similar thing - slightly popping the subject and un-popping the background - and this generally works very well.

(When I remember to use it... :) ).

Phil

Hi OnlyRF,

A very good tutorial and technique.

In terms of the final section, I've created an adaptive preset which (basically) does a similar thing - slightly popping the subject and un-popping the background - and this generally works very well.

(When I remember to use it... :) ).

Phil

I have been using this method before Adobe Denoise came out and I got idea from Steve. Two step NR technique in LrC and then sending both files to PS to blend. Since LrC 11 I didn't need to do that anymore and with Adobe Denoise it's even better.

I have been using this method before Adobe Denoise came out and I got idea from Steve. Two step NR technique in LrC and then sending both files to PS to blend. Since LrC 11 I didn't need to do that anymore and with Adobe Denoise it's even better.

Hi OnlyRF,

I used to send things through Topaz DNAI twice (different masks/ settings), but very rarely - if ever - find a need to do that anymore.

So many options now - we're spoilt for choice... :)

Phil

Hi OnlyRF,

I used to send things through Topaz DNAI twice (different masks/ settings), but very rarely - if ever - find a need to do that anymore.

So many options now - we're spoilt for choice... :)

Phil
We are.

Not sure of this or a version of this has been posted. Too old to remember. :)

Hi Only RF,

I think we've had a few iterations of 'sky - sky [inverted]', but it's a technique well worth repeating and - like this YouTuber - I have it as an adaptive preset.

(This guy also goes on to look at some other potential use cases, which are rather interesting - I have also this set up for 'subject - subject [inverted]' too).

Phil

Last edited:
Sometimes I'm in the forest and can't see a tree. I've been messing around with this lately. It only works on your import preset or LrC default profile but adds another tool.

Screenshot-2024-02-13-at-9.24.59 am.jpg

This is a pretty good video that quickly covers some of LrC's features. Learned something new with this one.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back