Your Lightroom Classic Tips and Tricks...

Julieanne sure knows how to explain these things.

Looks like a very useful feature! Julieanne certainly knows her stuff, and explains it very well, but describes it at about double the speed of my brain. That is a downside to utube. I watched about a third of it, rewinding a couple of times, and that is enough for now.

Anyway, I know from experience that I won't retain anything from these instructions unless I do them hands-on. So I will do that!

I had to the same. Stop, try and review. I did the initial edit in Adobe Neutral and then applied Auto. I would have done more but just to show an example. I'm not sure how much I'm going to use it.

_G7A6676.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 186.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 640

The I used Point Color and put it on the beak. I reduced the range to as small as could get it and then adjusted, saturation and lum. It looks cartoonish which I did on purpose and as you can see the water in the right hand bottom corner was barely affected.

_G7A6676-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 186.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 640

I had quite the issue one time with a portrait with brownish speckles on the face - freckles or blemishes, can't remember. I wanted to minimize those. I found a method on the web for doing this in Photoshop, and that worked. Now I could do this in LR with this new tool.

I had quite the issue one time with a portrait with brownish speckles on the face - freckles or blemishes, can't remember. I wanted to minimize those. I found a method on the web for doing this in Photoshop, and that worked. Now I could do this in LR with this new tool.
Yes. I have not sent a file to PS since LrC 11. The Lightroom Queen shows a pretty good example of that. Scroll down to the cheeks.

We had some really overcast weather for shooting courthouse shots. I do a lot of the basic editing in Lightroom but swapped the sky in Photoshop and removed some of the handicapped parking signs.

Attachments

• 2023-046-369 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    2023-046-369 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2023-046-368 Texas Courthouse trip-Edit.jpg
    2023-046-368 Texas Courthouse trip-Edit.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 35

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back