PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
v12.3 introduces 'Denoise' - AI powered noise reduction, curves for masking, AI masks for clothes and facial hair, edit in Photoshop workflow enhancements and some other stuff.

I'll be having a look at the new NR option as soon as I get it loaded (note Denoise currently only works with raw files). I'm not expecting it to be 'zero to hero' straight off the blocks, however - it's a start... :)

(Also released are updates to Camera Raw and Photoshop).

Phil

Edit - Crikey, it's not bad... 😮

First test LR C Denoise (left) set to 75% strength on an ISO 6400 image vs DxO PhotoLab using DeepPRIME XD (right). Both then edited in Lr C. (Screen capture limitations apply).

RF-SC-1.jpg

Last edited:
Really? Wow. I’ve been waiting for so long for this.
Hi Only RF,

You can officially put me down as 'Very Impressed'. :)

A couple more ISO 6400 re-edits below and in the Monthly Thread (Lr C Denoise set to 75% - running smoothly on my M1 Max).

Phil

RF-SC-1-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 324.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 6400

My requests to Adobe. The link to the original request is broken.

My requests to Adobe. The link to the original request is broken.

Hi Only RF,

It may have taken them a little time, but from where I'm sitting it looks like they listened to you... :D

(And well done you for pushing them!).

Phil

Just tried it out. Before the release I figured it would create a separate DNG like Enhance. I'm so glad they kept the Detail tab NR for speed editing. I had hope they would do that.

I doubt it was me. I just whined about the lack of it.
HI Only RF,

In fairness, it was probably not just you - but you were one of those that voiced an opinion and that's very important.

This upgrade has been needed for a long time and they have clearly been taking it VERY seriously (if steadily... 😂 ).

Phil

HI Only RF,

In fairness, it was probably not just you - but you were one of those that voiced an opinion and that's very important.

This upgrade has been needed for a long time and they have clearly been taking it VERY seriously (if steadily... 😂 ).

Phil
I definitely know it wasn't. I'm a minnow in an ocean. It just feels good that when I requested it a principle scientist at Adobe responded to that original request. I've waited so long it just feels good.

Last edited:
Just compared Adobe to Topaz Photo AI on an R7 night shot at 6400 ISO. The original has a lot of noise. Care to guess which is the Adobe and which is the Topaz? I know a screenshot isn't the best. Adobe was set to 50%; Topaz was on its auto settings. Adobe is on the left and I am quite impressed. Now if they could only fix the bug I've had open for a year where Lightroom Classic to Photoshop Edit In workflow is broken on sporadic systems.

Image 4-18-23 at 11.10 AM.jpg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back