Lightroom Classic v12.3 released...

Have a good trip! I have read several comments from that video. If you have a couple of settings like the sharpening set to the default it will likely will not affect anything. It's when you have 30 with masks, etc. Makes sense. I have a pre Denoise preset that puts everything to zero and unchecks lens corrections and CA. I have another that adds everything back. Only takes seconds.
View attachment 15010
Hi Only RF,

Your Preset idea sounds interesting - I’ll certainly give that a go too.

In the meantime, we look forward to a traditional English drenching… 😂😂

Phil and Karen

I’m still doing tests - terrific results being produced by the way - but I am also pondering whether making any adjustments before/after makes a tangible difference. It’s like any adjustments are ‘put aside’ while denoise is used on the raw, then they are re-applied to the resultant DNG (so noise isn’t exacerbated). It may be one difference is the time taken for processing.[...]
I suspect it's done to discourage people from tweaking things like sharpening and texture. The results from those will be very different when there's no noise.

A bug report was submitted and some may be interested in the reply.

More info from this thread. Check out the responses from this post.

I guess I'm not done yet. Sorry. So is this still a bug? The algorithms may not be applying sharpening during the process but different levels look different in the Enhance window. How are we supposed to judge how much NR to apply? For now I think I will zero everything out so I can see the state of the unsharpened file.

Just to sum this up. Even though sharpening is not applied to the DNG until after NR is processed it is still deceiving. A ISO 16000 file. First example shows the file in Denoise with 0 sharpening. The second shows sharpening at 50. The 3rd shows the file that went to Denoise with 0 sharpening, it came back to LrC and I set sharpening to 50. You can see it looks cleaner. If I had used the sharpened file I would have likely pushed the Denoise amount slider further than it would have needed.

Attachments

• nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 37
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 47
  • AM.jpg
    AM.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 33
Kind of flogging a dead horse but I was just watching some videos for more info and came across this. Minute 3:10. He also says to set sharpening to 0.

No sure if this will be helpful but you never know. I didn't know about it. @ 0:30 seconds.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back