Your Lightroom Classic Tips and Tricks...

Thanks! That is what I was seeing. I was so confident I made a request to add Preserve Details to the LrC export page at the Adobe Community request forums. Save a trip to PS.

Thanks! That is what I was seeing. I was so confident I made a request to add Preserve Details to the LrC export page at the Adobe Community request forums. Save a trip to PS.
Hi Only RF,

Thanks for the tip - that's certainly got me thinking about my workflow for any detail rich images. :)

(As you say, if Adobe could add that into LrC it would be a nice addition).

Phil

I found that by accident. It was because of that video where you could apply Denoise and then send it to PS for upsizing. I've never had any interest in that but on another site someone mentioned PS did a better job and mentioned Preserve Details. It has probably been ten years since I used PS to resize a file so I didn't know about it. When I had PS I used the old bicubic sharper, which I have not tried yet. I'm so happy with Preserve Detail I have not gotten around to it.

I may have posted a few times of how important it is to take the time set LrC/LR up in the first days and get into good habits. It does not take very much and if you do you have years of worry free use. A prime example. I feel sorry for this person.

I would love to be able to create macros for LrC. I.E. I load into LrC, then use DxO for NR (File>Plug-in Extras>Dxo PL7) then export from DxO back to LrC. I wish I could send my photo from LrC to DxO with one keystroke.
Hi RedCobra,

I've now accomplished this for macOS by creating an AppleScript which can be assigned to a LrC Keyboard Shortcut (I've used 'option + D') which sends any selected image/ set of images from LrC to DxO PL using the DxO plug-in. (Note - testing continues, but so far it all works fine!)

If you would like this option I can explain how to go about setting it up - it's a little bit of a faff, but nothing massively serious if you're reasonably technical.

(Obviously, this will only work if you use macOS. You can review the AppleScript I've written by clicking - Here).

Phil

Last edited:
Hi RedCobra,

I've now accomplished this for macOS by creating an AppleScript which can be assigned to a LrC Keyboard Shortcut (I've used 'option + D') which sends any selected image/ set of images from LrC to DxO PL using the DxO plug-in. (Note - testing continues, but so far it all works fine!)

If you would like this option I can explain how to go about setting it up - it's a little bit of a faff, but nothing massively serious if you're reasonably technical.

(Obviously, this will only work if you use macOS. You can review the AppleScript I've written by clicking - Here).

Phil
Thanks but I am Win10.

Thanks but I am Win10.
Hi RedCobra,

Ah - one step forward, one step back... :)

(Bugrit).

[Edit - I've just asked someone with a - much - better knowledge of Microsoft stuff than me, whether there's Windows equivalent to what I've done in macOS. I'll let you know if anything positive comes back].

Phil

Last edited:
It's been while, so here's another one from me - ever wish there was a Midtones slider to save messing around with curves?

Well... :)

Phil

RF-S-LrC.jpg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back