Lightroom Classic v12.3 released...

Now, if they could only fix their Camera Profiles.

I may have mentioned this before. Now you can really push the sharpening like never before. That presenter didn't even touch the Texture and Detail sliders.

Julieanne Kost's video covers everything you need to know - and a fair bit that others have yet to pick up on. Given what I said above about smoothness, interesting to see she suggests adding back some grain!

Julieanne Kost's video covers everything you need to know - and a fair bit that others have yet to pick up on. Given what I said above about smoothness, interesting to see she suggests adding back some grain!

Some noise is good. If it is too smooth you can get pixelization when you print. Smooth is great for posting for web media.

Last edited:
Edit using Denoise with or without LrC adjustments? I tried it and I couldn't see a difference either. Just to be on the safe side setting up a preset to remove all edits is pretty easy. Anthony says to use reset button but that puts Sharpening to the default of 40 and the lens corrections are still active.

Adobe says to
  • We recommend to Denoise your image before applying other tools, including AI masks and Content-Aware, as using Enhance might change the result of the tools used.

Last edited:
Edit using Denoise with or without LrC adjustments? I tried it and I couldn't see a difference either. Just to be on the safe side setting up a preset to remove all edits is pretty easy. Anthony says to use reset button but that puts Sharpening to the default of 40 and the lens corrections are still active.

Adobe says to
  • We recommend to Denoise your image before applying other tools, including AI masks and Content-Aware, as using Enhance might change the result of the tools used.

I’m still doing tests - terrific results being produced by the way - but I am also pondering whether making any adjustments before/after makes a tangible difference. It’s like any adjustments are ‘put aside’ while denoise is used on the raw, then they are re-applied to the resultant DNG (so noise isn’t exacerbated). It may be one difference is the time taken for processing.

We’re off on a (soggy) weekend trip today, do I should have plenty of low light shots to work with next week… :rolleyes: :cool:

Phil

I’m still doing tests - terrific results being produced by the way - but I am also pondering whether making any adjustments before/after makes a tangible difference. It’s like any adjustments are ‘put aside’ while denoise is used on the raw, then they are re-applied to the resultant DNG (so noise isn’t exacerbated). It may be one difference is the time taken for processing.

We’re off on a (soggy) weekend trip today, do I should have plenty of low light shots to work with next week… :rolleyes: :cool:

Phil
Have a good trip! I have read several comments from that video. If you have a couple of settings like the sharpening set to the default it will likely will not affect anything. It's when you have 30 with masks, etc. Makes sense. I have a pre Denoise preset that puts everything to zero and unchecks lens corrections and CA. I have another that adds everything back. Only takes seconds.
Screenshot-2023-04-21-at-1.15.36-AM.jpg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back