Your Photo of the Week

everal weeks later... Borrowed an RF800 this weekend, but unfortunately Covid restrictions limited me to the garden only; still not too bad for a garden bird shot - Red Kite. I was just in the process of upping the shutter speed when it flew off and there was no way I could track it.
Great shot Julian! Would love to see one of these in my garden but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Week 17. The RF 100 Macro turned up this week so I've been chasing bugs and butterflies with it. Here's a pretty common meadow brown.

meadow-brown.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 320

Week #6, and this time not a bird or a flower. Taken last night, this is a stack of frames from the R6, shot in 4k with the Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary with a Sigma 1.4x teleconverter @ 840mm.
Moon 17 Jul 2021.jpg

Great Egret shot with R5, 100-400L +1.4ex. Heavy crop and convert to B&W

Attachments

• BW Egret-1.jpg
    BW Egret-1.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 55
Week #7 - due to having to isolate, my scope for photographs has been limited to whatever is in the house or garden. I decided to take a portrait of sorts, of one of the wife's garden gnomes. Lense is a Tamron 70-300mm
Gnome2_01.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 1000

Week 21 - My husband and I love to go on photography adventures together. This is from a recent camping trip in a forest in southern Alberta.

Photography Partner.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 10000

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back