Your Photo of the Week

Week #8 (apologies, missed a few weekends due to being away) - Rievaulx Abbey in Yorkshire. A lovely building with much to see and photograph, alas, too many people around to take the images I really wanted to.
Riveaulx 3.JPG
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM
  • 46.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Week #9 and surprise surprise, it's another flower, a Cosmos this time. I'm finding I really enjoy photographing flowers, the soft, subtle shades and contrasting foliage really inspire my creative juices to flow. Time to influence the wife's flower planning for next year! Lense used was a Tamron 70-300mm, set in macro mode at 180mm.
Cosmos1.JPG
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 180.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

Week #10 for me, and this time, surprise surprise, another flower. Bishop of Dover dahlia, complete with a bee going about its daily business. Taken again with the Tamron 70-300mm in macro mode.
Bee1.JPG
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2000

Week 24 - I found this stunning little Spurge Hawk-moth Caterpillar when I was out for a walk. These caterpillars have been introduced from Europe to help fight the invasive weed Leafy Spurge. The caterpillars are vivid and bright but in contrast the moth is surprisingly drab. The red spike is on the tail end.

_L6A2483-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 123.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1000

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back