Your Photo of the Week

Chautauqua Park is a popular hiking area for the folks around Boulder. This is a shot of the famous Flat Irons visible throughout the area. This is an focus stacked/stitched image shot bracketed with Canon R5, Canon 300mm lens, f/11, 1/125th sec. exposure, ISO 400. It is made up of 1564 individual Focus Bracketed images processed to yield 175 individual Focus Stacked images, 7 rows x 25 columns 30% overlap in portrait orientation.

The original image is:
  • 3.454 Gaga-pixels
  • 38,057 x 90,759 pixels
  • 126" x 302" 300 PPI un- cropped image size
This will take you to a virtual tour of the image: https://abbascreationsphotography.com/Flatirons/index.html
This is just fabulous! I took a look at the virtual tour and the detail is just incredible. Do you mind me asking 1. how long it took to shoot 2. I assume you were using a panhead on your tripod? and 3. how long did it take to process?

That's beautiful, Timothy! I love that stare it is giving you and the smooth clean background really emphasizes the great detail in the feathers.
Thanks Hali. They are definitely checking me out! There's a nice grassy meadow in the background that just melts away at this distance. Thankfully no sheep photo bombing this time as they show up as big white blobs!

Week 27 A pair of Brown-Hooded parrots trying to figure out who has right of way
2022_06_25_CostaRica-10485-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF500mm f/4L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 2500

It's pretty grim here today but thought I'd grab a quick shot of one of our goldfinches in the garden. They are feeding like crazy right now, often about 15 of them waiting for their turn on the feeder.

483A8825-Goldfinch-3000px.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 320

I love gold finches Tim definitely one of the prettiest members of the British Finches

I love gold finches Tim definitely one of the prettiest members of the British Finches
They are certainly pretty little birds Rob, we are lucky to have them in the garden. Although they go through the sunflower hearts like there's no tomorrow! But I guess for them there is no tomorrow if they don't eat enough. They had their last brood of the year just a couple of weeks back and appear to still be feeding them.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back