Your Photo of the Week

How the weeks get by me... Week 23
Another from Costa Rica, a pair of wild macaws (one red one green) on a tree stump. The people at this farm feed the macaws and provide nesting material for them. They also have planted and let grow the trees they like to nest in (they are very dense hardwood trees and in the past they have cut down great swaths of them which, along with the illegal trade in these birds, has caused them to be highly endangered)
2022_06_27_CostaRica-10337-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 223.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 1600

How the weeks get by me... Week 23
Another from Costa Rica, a pair of wild macaws (one red one green) on a tree stump. The people at this farm feed the macaws and provide nesting material for them. They also have planted and let grow the trees they like to nest in (they are very dense hardwood trees and in the past they have cut down great swaths of them which, along with the illegal trade in these birds, has caused them to be highly endangered)View attachment 10430
What a fantastic photograph! The colors, the texture, the birds, the perch and the background are all fantastic!

What a fantastic photograph! The colors, the texture, the birds, the perch and the background are all fantastic!
Thank you so very much, Kathryn! The opportunities on that trip were just incredible.

Been busy fitting a new Kitchen, managed to get out this evening to a sunflower field, took an old picture frame with me. A favourite below.

67045075-B765-4B34-BB1A-EA7A3F66A415.jpeg

Been busy fitting a new Kitchen, managed to get out this evening to a sunflower field, took an old picture frame with me. A favourite below.
That's a great idea! Nicely done!
How is the kitchen reno coming along?

That's a great idea! Nicely done!
How is the kitchen reno coming along?
Nearly there Hali. Been putting it off for a long while, then the estate agent advised to sort it to get the best price, so greed got the better of me! Quite a dark room so gone white with loads of lights! A “during“ and “nearly finished“ below.

052382D7-4015-453D-AA0D-F2EDB601C96C.jpeg

C0967831-A336-49BA-A1D3-B0559B5087D4.jpeg

Nearly there Hali. Been putting it off for a long while, then the estate agent advised to sort it to get the best price, so greed got the better of me! Quite a dark room so gone white with loads of lights! A “during“ and “nearly finished“ below
Wow, that's a great makeover! Light and airy now. I love the under the cabinet floor lighting.

Week 24
A nice sunset before a milkyway shoot, the crescent moon just visible on the right. With my husband as the unwitting model.
2022_07_30_Beavertail-10037-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 6/10 sec
  • ISO 320

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back