Your Photo of the Week

Nearly there Hali. Been putting it off for a long while, then the estate agent advised to sort it to get the best price, so greed got the better of me! Quite a dark room so gone white with loads of lights! A “during“ and “nearly finished“ below.
Nice work Mike, it looks great. Good luck with the sale!

Week 25. Sloth and Baby, from a wild animal sanctuary outside of San Jose, Costa Rica. I could have used a deeper dof to get the baby in better focus, didn't realize it until I downloaded the image. The R5 handled those high ISO's with little problem whilst I was in CR, nothing a bit of PureRaw or Denoise AI couldn't handle.
2022_06_23_CostaRica-10482-CR3__PR2-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 238.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 3200

Week 25. Sloth and Baby, from a wild animal sanctuary outside of San Jose, Costa Rica. I could have used a deeper dof to get the baby in better focus, didn't realize it until I downloaded the image. The R5 handled those high ISO's with little problem whilst I was in CR, nothing a bit of PureRaw or Denoise AI couldn't handle.
Beautiful photo Hali. It would of been interesting to see the shot with a little more depth of field but I don't think it hurts the photo at all. Would love to see these beautiful creatures myself one day.

Beautiful photo Hali. It would of been interesting to see the shot with a little more depth of field but I don't think it hurts the photo at all. Would love to see these beautiful creatures myself one day.
Thank you, Tim. I agree. I was so concerned about blurring the background that I didn't compensate for the difference in space between the mom and baby.

A lovely young sparrowhawk waiting for breakfast in our garden. This one is still learning how to hunt, sadly they are not the best at it so far but they make up for this with persistence. Not sure if they are male or female, it's rather hard to tell at this age. I asked in a bird of prey ID group and no one was very sure.

Sparrowhawk-483A8747-H-2048px.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

Chautauqua Park is a popular hiking area for the folks around Boulder. This is a shot of the famous Flat Irons visible throughout the area. This is an focus stacked/stitched image shot bracketed with Canon R5, Canon 300mm lens, f/11, 1/125th sec. exposure, ISO 400. It is made up of 1564 individual Focus Bracketed images processed to yield 175 individual Focus Stacked images, 7 rows x 25 columns 30% overlap in portrait orientation.

The original image is:
  • 3.454 Gaga-pixels
  • 38,057 x 90,759 pixels
  • 126" x 302" 300 PPI un- cropped image size
This will take you to a virtual tour of the image: https://abbascreationsphotography.com/Flatirons/index.html
Flat Irons_FB.jpg
  • [Canon EOS R5]
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400

A lovely young sparrowhawk waiting for breakfast in our garden. This one is still learning how to hunt, sadly they are not the best at it so far but they make up for this with persistence. Not sure if they are male or female, it's rather hard to tell at this age. I asked in a bird of prey ID group and no one was very sure.
That's beautiful, Timothy! I love that stare it is giving you and the smooth clean background really emphasizes the great detail in the feathers.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back