PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you enjoy creating memorable images this month!

Have fun, but stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about the subject, settings, or processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight away. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing). Images taken with non-R System lenses are also very welcome as this adds to the interest.

Images posted on this thread will be available to view in the Monthly R System Images Gallery, which can be found Here.

Commenting on people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please try to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We aim to provide feedback - but note we will be away for much of July (and busy with ‘life stuff’). The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of any disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Images from our recent visit to Lulworth Castle, Lulworth, Devon, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper Panels).

You can find out more about Lulworth Castle by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Thomas Howard built Lulworth Castle between 1608 and 1610 as a hunting lodge to entertain royalty and the aristocracy. In 1641 Humphrey Weld purchased Lulworth Estate to complement his manor house at Bindon Abbey in the nearby village of Wool. The Manor House was destroyed by Parliamentarians during the English Civil War. After the war Weld refurbished the Castle’s interior and this property then became the main family home.

RF-S-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The castle was ravaged by fire in 1929 and over the next 70 years it gradually fell into a perilous state of decay. A partnership was eventually formed between the Weld Estate and English Heritage and by 1998 the exterior had been restored with the interior being consolidated and the castle was opened to the public.

RF-S-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 2000

3. Originally the bottom part of this tower was used as a secondary kitchen to service important visitors and their entourage, ‘the King’s Kitchen’ was altered when Humphrey Weld bought the castle with part of the original kitchen becoming the Housekeeper’s sitting room and the ground floor area being divided into the Butler’s Rooms.

RF-S-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1000

4. The basement, originally used by the service staff and for storage purposes, is now the museum (and cafe!).

RF-S-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2500

5. St Andrew’s Church sits to the south of the Castle. The 15th-century tower predates the Castle, with the remainder of the Church being rebuilt in 1864 - the plans having been drawn up by a young Thomas Hardy.

RF-S-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 4000

6. In 1786 Thomas Weld engaged architect John Tasker to build St. Mary’s Chapel. Reputed to be one of the finest pieces of Georgian architecture in the county, it sits within the grounds of the Castle. (Photography is not permitted inside the Church).

RF-S-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

(Sources: Lulworth Estates, Wikipedia).

Last edited:
Images from our recent visit to Lulworth Castle, Lulworth, Devon, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper Panels).

You can find out more about Lulworth Castle by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Thomas Howard built Lulworth Castle between 1608 and 1610 as a hunting lodge to entertain royalty and the aristocracy. In 1641 Humphrey Weld purchased Lulworth Estate to complement his manor house at Bindon Abbey in the nearby village of Wool. The Manor House was destroyed by Parliamentarians during the English Civil War. After the war Weld refurbished the Castle’s interior and this property then became the main family home.

View attachment 29361

2. The castle was ravaged by fire in 1929 and over the next 70 years it gradually fell into a perilous state of decay. A partnership was eventually formed between the Weld Estate and English Heritage and by 1998 the exterior had been restored with the interior being consolidated and the castle was opened to the public.

View attachment 29363

3. Originally the bottom part of this tower was used as a secondary kitchen to service important visitors and their entourage, ‘the King’s Kitchen’ was altered when Humphrey Weld bought the castle with part of the original kitchen becoming the Housekeeper’s sitting room and the ground floor area being divided into the Butler’s Rooms.

View attachment 29364

4. The basement, originally used by the service staff and for storage purposes, is now the museum (and cafe!).

View attachment 29365

5. St Andrew’s Church sits to the south of the Castle. The 15th-century tower predates the Castle, with the remainder of the Church being rebuilt in 1864 - the plans having been drawn up by a young Thomas Hardy.

View attachment 29366

6. In 1786 Thomas Weld engaged architect John Tasker to build St. Mary’s Chapel. Reputed to be one of the finest pieces of Georgian architecture in the county, it sits within the grounds of the Castle. (Photography is not permitted inside the Church).

View attachment 29367

(Sources: Lulworth Estates, Wikipedia).
As always, beautiful, informative images that really give a feel of the place and the times. From the over-arching images to the detailed images, I love the way you present them and make me feel like I should be there.

As always, beautiful, informative images that really give a feel of the place and the times. From the over-arching images to the detailed images, I love the way you present them and make me feel like I should be there.
Hi Hali,

Thank you for your extremely kind feedback - much appreciated!

It's very gratifying to hear people are enjoying our images... :)

Lulworth Castle was a delight to visit - and a joy to photograph.

Phil and Karen

IMG_0932.jpg
  • Canon EOS R8
  • RF50mm F1.8 STM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 500

IMG_0933.jpg
  • Canon EOS R8
  • RF50mm F1.8 STM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

IMG_0927.jpg
  • Canon EOS R8
  • RF50mm F1.8 STM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 320

Grabbed my R8 and RF 50 1.8 for our walk this morning. :)

Some swallows (ツバメ tsubame). Mom and the chicks. (Re-posting this from June to July's collection.)
Tsu1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 1000
Tsu2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 363.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 1250

I'm in Bridgeport, CA, for July 4 and the city is preparing for the festivities. I walked the town at sunset and got attacked by fleets of mosquitos. This is the only decent photo I was able to get before escaping back indoors.

2024_07_03_194631.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 800

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back