Your R System Images - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bob.

This came from a trunk full of family photos. I went through them last year looking for photos to scan and put together in a poster for my brother's 75th birthday. He was born in 1947 and I in 1945.

What did you use to clean up the photo? I volunteer for a local museum and scan and restore lots of old photos. Most much older than this one.

Tom
I use a variety of things. First I loaded it into Affinity Photo and used their Inpainting, Blemish, and Patch tools to clean up the artifacts. It was a quickie and I know I didn't get them all. When I was happy with cleaning I moved over to Topaz Photo AI for enlargement and AI Face Recovery and noise removal. I find that you have to be careful using these tools too aggressively because they WILL make the faces look like the Lost Indonesian Lizard People.

Finally I go back over to Affinity to clean up any artifacts created by the rest of the process. I collect old digital movie posters and use this same process (weird I know) so I know what a challenge bringing old things back to life can be. As always - and you well know - having a decent starting points helps.

With your experience I'm sure you could have done a better job than I did, but thanks for letting me do a little. It was fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back