Your R System Images - March 2024

Got RF 100-400). First kinda test results below(RAW, processed in DXO Raw). Nothing exceptional, just available subjects.
View attachment 26253

View attachment 26254

View attachment 26255
Hi sosh,

Looks like a solid first outing for your new tech - 3 well controlled and detailed images on show.

Top marks to all involved given the conditions - no evidence of frost induced camera shake... 🥶

(That squirrel is an absolutel cutie!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi Trent,

Two fine images to warm the hearts of us poor rain drenched Brits. :cool:

We like the pleasingly golden sun stars, warm highlights and dramatic cloudscape in #1, but the huge expansive sky - which mirrors the leading line of the shore - and the perfect silhouetted pier stretching out to provide mid-ground interest makes #2 our favourite. (Though both eclipse our local mud bath!).

Well seen and caught in each instance - thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you for the encouraging comments. I almost can't believe the shots I am able to take with our R6 mk II, compared to our previous Rebel T6.

_G7A0641-Enhanced-NR-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 640

_G7A0604-Enhanced-NR-Edit-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1600

Hi Only RF,

Two terrific captures of beautiful creatures in peaceful surroundings - plenty of fine detail in evidence and pleasingly warm colours.

(Our kitchen renovation has just begun, so 'peaceful surroundings' does not apply at Moore Towers at the present moment... 😅 ).

P&K

Hi Only RF,

Two terrific captures of beautiful creatures in peaceful surroundings - plenty of fine detail in evidence and pleasingly warm colours.

(Our kitchen renovation has just begun, so 'peaceful surroundings' does not apply at Moore Towers at the present moment... 😅 ).

P&K
I’ve been through those renovations. Not very peaceful and the CEO got a little cranky :censored:

I’ve been through those renovations. Not very peaceful and the CEO got a little cranky :censored:
Karen has taken the sensible step of having a day in the office for 'an urgent team meeting', so is currently enjoying a 20-mile buffer zone... :cool:

Phil

Last edited:
I do love a Goldfinch, used to have plenty in the garden, now not so much.
Managed a grab shot of this one in our Apple tree,View attachment 26268
Hi Nick,

A terrific capture of a beautiful creature - such wonderful markings. Excellent fine feather detail and eye catch-light in evidence. (And what a little cutie!).

P&K

Spring is here in SE Texas and the wildflowers are starting to bloom, especially our state flower, the Bluebonnet.

EOSR8728.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 176.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125

EOSR8741.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 78.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

EOSR8749.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

EOSR8752.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back