Your R System Images - March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Only RF,

Cheers - appreciated!

'Getting close' is definitely a major advantage when it comes to capturing the fine feather detail.

The R7 helps in this respect as I can stand a lot further back and get the same framing as I would with my R5 - and the skittish birds are (much) happier.

(Only the local robins are reasonably comfortable about hanging around and posing - sometimes).

Having said all that, you can rest assured our 'Bin' is a full as everyone else's after a session... :)

Phil

Getting off to a good start - R7 'As shot' vs 'Final crop'...

RF-S-RB.jpg

Hi Only RF,

Cheers - appreciated!

'Getting close' is definitely a major advantage when it comes to capturing the fine feather detail.

The R7 helps in this respect as I can stand a lot further back and get the same framing as I would with my R5 - and the skittish birds are (much) happier.

(Only the local robins are reasonably comfortable about hanging around and posing - sometimes).

Having said all that, you can rest assured our 'Bin' is a full as everyone else's after a session... :)

Phil

Getting off to a good start - R7 'As shot' vs 'Final crop'...

View attachment 26111
Good points. The samples you sent me with your R were similar. I'm often cropping quite a bit more. I have to remember that.

Hi David,

A fantastic series of nailed-on captures - very difficult to single out a favourite, but for us #3 (just) shades it. (Long-tailed tits are absolute cuties too!).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you.

Images from recent visits (in February) to Chester Zoo, Cheshire, England. (Ignore the exif data, these images are a mix of R7 - Karen and R5 - Phil).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

Phil and Karen

1. H-e-l-l-o...

View attachment 25921

2. A delicate state of balance...

View attachment 25922

3. What a bunch of little cuties...

View attachment 25923

4. Ooo-errr...

View attachment 25924

5. We can see you...

View attachment 25925

6. What can you see...

View attachment 25926
Love the bird photos; the black and white bird with the red eyes is very striking

Love the bird photos; the black and white bird with the red eyes is very striking
Hi Don,

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our images.

The Sumatran Laughingthrush was on top form for both of our visits, very inquisitive and happy to be singing (in the rain... :rolleyes: ) - a real cutie.

P&K

As the sun dipped into the golden hour, I loved the way it lit this Oak tree up.
The 10-18 EF S is a stellar lens.

View attachment 26116
Hi Nick,

Oak trees are absolutely wonderful for photography - art in nature! - and this one's a real beauty. Stupendous sky you've captured here too.

(The EF-S10-18mm is a terrific lens for this kind of shot).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi Nick,

Oak trees are absolutely wonderful for photography - art in nature! - and this one's a real beauty. Stupendous sky you've captured here too.

(The EF-S10-18mm is a terrific lens for this kind of shot).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Have to agree Phil, the lens is simply outstanding for the money. It's a great walkaround lens as it weighs next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back