PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you enjoy creating memorable images this month!

Have fun, but stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about the subject, settings, or processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight away. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing). Images taken with non-R System lenses are also very welcome as this adds to the interest.

Images posted on this thread will also be available to view in the dedicated Monthly R System Images Gallery, which can be found Here.

Commenting on people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We aim to provide feedback - but note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Images from our recent visit to Beamish Museum, Stanley, County Durham, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2. Compilations are a mix of R7 - Karen and R5 - Phil. Images featuring Beamish staff and volunteers were taken with their full permission and co-operation).

We can only give you a taste of this huge site, but you can find out more about Beamish Museum - the living Museum of the North - by Clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. The Museum opened in 1972, with its guiding principle being to preserve an example of everyday life in urban and rural North East England. The majority of buildings have been translocated, with the contents and exhibits being either genuine period items, or historically accurate recreations.

RF-S-BM-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 53.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The 350-acre site holds a number of sections - 1820’s Pockerley, 1900’s Town, Fun Fair, Railway Station, 1900’s Pit Village and Colliery, 1940’s Farm, and a 1950’s town and Farm - within which visitors can engage and interact with the costumed ‘residents’.

RF-S-BM-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 92.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. Most visitors travel between areas by riding the historic and replica trams and buses, which are housed and serviced in a period Transport Depot.

RF-S-BM-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 37.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 3200

4. The Beamish Collection now stands at around 2.5 million objects and photographs.

RF-S-BM-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 37.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 160

5. As well as the shops and services, visitors can also enter homes and home based businesses (seen here - music teacher, dentist and solicitor).

RF-S-BM-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 6400

6. The 1900’s Town, which is featured throughout this post, was a filming location for the Downton Abbey movie and TV series.

RF-S-BM-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 3200

(Source: Beamish Museum).

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back