Your R System Images - April 2024

View attachment 27170View attachment 27171

Trying to make the most of the dry weather over Easter, I went hiking around the isle of Lismore; a beautiful, unspoilt and sparsely populated island. Picture 1 is part of an old limestone quarry on the north side of the island, the second picture is of a few locals spotted on the way back to the ferry.
Hi Ian,

Wonderful shots of a stunningly beautiful place - and you managed to avoid the rain! (Well done there - we had some snow and got drenched in Wales).

As ever, the locals are full of character and charm - we are looking forward to popping north of the border later in the year.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Fabulous Images, Phil and Karen! And, as always, I love your narratives that give me a glimpse into the history of the places you visit. My list of places to see grows and grows every month. Now to make it over there!
Hi Hali,

Thank you for these very kind words - much appreciated!

It's very rewarding to hear that people are enjoying our images and are being inspired by them. :)

P&K

Trying something a little different (so what else is new?) doing some in-camera multiple exposures to create a soft, dreamy effect. Not quite sure I got what I was looking for since I didn't trim out the leaf in front of the flower (it was in someone's yard and I didn't want to be rude), but I do like the effect and will keep trying, if it ever stops raining long enough. View attachment 27180View attachment 27181
Hi Hali,

Fascinating images - love the dream-like effect and the way that detail and softness shift and blend (complimented well here by the colour palette).

Definitely well worth your efforts - keep up the great work! :)

P&K

PS. We feel your rain pain.

Ok, today was the craziest day . While walking in fileds with camera i noticed something white in distance, at fitrst i think that maybe a goat or a sheep runned from someone's farm . But when i jumped in bushes to hide and wait to get it closer to me , what a surpise i got. It was an albino deer. :)

View attachment 27213

View attachment 27212
Hi Bartosz,

An extraordinary sight indeed. Very well seen and captured (you did really well to keep a steady hand and nail the shot!).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Ok, today was the craziest day . While walking in fileds with camera i noticed something white in distance, at fitrst i think that maybe a goat or a sheep runned from someone's farm . But when i jumped in bushes to hide and wait to get it closer to me , what a surpise i got. It was an albino deer. :)

View attachment 27213

View attachment 27212
What a great capture if an unusual deer!!! I have never seen an albino deer before!

A few images from a recent walk around Providence, RI. A cold and partly cloudy day it certainly doesn’t feel like spring here and it would be nice to have more than a day without torrential rains.
2024_03_16_Providence-10001-Edit1080.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 65.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125
2024_03_16_Providence-10026-Enhanced-NR-Edit1080.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600
2024_03_16_Providence-10028-Edit1080.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 47.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2000

A mish-mash of some recent photos:

A bridge tower of the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge at night. I liked the lines of the lit bridge tower against the dark sky. Typically referred to as the Zakim Bridge, the towers are shaped to represent the nearly Bunker Hill Monument, which commemorates the Battle of Bunker Hill, fought during the American Revolutionary War.
20240329_1113.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
  • 225.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 3.2 sec
  • ISO 400

Storrow Drive with light trails and the Boston skyline at night. I was setup on a footbridge over the road, which is the occasional site of what is locally called a "Storrowing": this road has several low bridges and tunnels through which trucks cannot pass. Despite warning signs, height warning chains/bars, flashing lights, and media campaigns, "Storrowing" is a common event, especially during college move-in where students and parents drive to Boston for the first time in their moving trucks and can't comprehend a city that built bridges that trucks cannot fit under. In reality, the road was originally a parkway designed for cars only.
20240314_1041_NR.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
  • 60.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 100

A photo of my niece taking a penalty shot at a hockey tournament. Although it looks like she might have the goalie beat, the puck went above the net.
20240309_0816_NR.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 10000

An eastern bluebird savoring a tasty mealworm snack at our feeder.

20240308_9559.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 800

Finally, a work in progress: this male American goldfinch is changing from his relatively drab winter plumage to the bold black, white, and yellow plumage of mating season. This male seems to be more advanced in plumage than other males, which might give him a breeding advantage soon.

20240330_1316.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 800

It's full-blown, cherry-blossom viewing (花見 hanami) season right now in Japan, and many were out today (my wife and I as well) having their annual hanami picnic under the trees.
hanami.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back