Your R System Images - April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few images from a recent walk around Providence, RI. A cold and partly cloudy day it certainly doesn’t feel like spring here and it would be nice to have more than a day without torrential rains. View attachment 27228View attachment 27229View attachment 27230
Hi Hali,

A captivating series of shots - love the cloud reflection theme in #1/3 - #1 is a real eye-catcher!

Well seen and caught - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

PS. We're currently enjoying a rare glimpse of the sun, albeit as Storm Kathleen rattles the windows.

A mish-mash of some recent photos:

A bridge tower of the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge at night. I liked the lines of the lit bridge tower against the dark sky. Typically referred to as the Zakim Bridge, the towers are shaped to represent the nearly Bunker Hill Monument, which commemorates the Battle of Bunker Hill, fought during the American Revolutionary War.
View attachment 27238

Storrow Drive with light trails and the Boston skyline at night. I was setup on a footbridge over the road, which is the occasional site of what is locally called a "Storrowing": this road has several low bridges and tunnels through which trucks cannot pass. Despite warning signs, height warning chains/bars, flashing lights, and media campaigns, "Storrowing" is a common event, especially during college move-in where students and parents drive to Boston for the first time in their moving trucks and can't comprehend a city that built bridges that trucks cannot fit under. In reality, the road was originally a parkway designed for cars only.
View attachment 27239

A photo of my niece taking a penalty shot at a hockey tournament. Although it looks like she might have the goalie beat, the puck went above the net.
View attachment 27240

An eastern bluebird savoring a tasty mealworm snack at our feeder.

View attachment 27241

Finally, a work in progress: this male American goldfinch is changing from his relatively drab winter plumage to the bold black, white, and yellow plumage of mating season. This male seems to be more advanced in plumage than other males, which might give him a breeding advantage soon.

View attachment 27242
Hi Don,

Another attention grabbing series of shots, each having their own qualities and attractions - #1 and 2 are superb compositions (plus, #2 is fantastically controlled!), #3 is a beautifully captured 'heart in mouth' moment frozen in time and #4 and 5 are nailed on shots of absolutely wonderful creatures.

(The accompanying background adds a good deal of weight and interest to the already fascinating images, so thank you for taking the time to include it).

Well done all-round - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

It's full-blown, cherry-blossom viewing (花見 hanami) season right now in Japan, and many were out today (my wife and I as well) having their annual hanami picnic under the trees.View attachment 27248
Hi David,

What a beautiful scene and an idyllic place to share some quality time with your loved one. We trust you both made some precious memories together!

Thank you for sharing this with us... :)

P&K

Hi David,

What a beautiful scene and an idyllic place to share some quality time with your loved one. We trust you both made some precious memories together!

Thank you for sharing this with us... :)

P&K
It was a very pleasant afternoon...thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Don,

Another attention grabbing series of shots, each having their own qualities and attractions - #1 and 2 are superb compositions (plus, #2 is fantastically controlled!), #3 is a beautifully captured 'heart in mouth' moment frozen in time and #4 and 5 are nailed on shots of absolutely wonderful creatures.

(The accompanying background adds a good deal of weight and interest to the already fascinating images, so thank you for taking the time to include it).

Well done all-round - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks folks. My niece, who is the youngest cousin in the family (and therefore the toughest and most competitive), was quite upset with herself about missing that shot...

It's full-blown, cherry-blossom viewing (花見 hanami) season right now in Japan, and many were out today (my wife and I as well) having their annual hanami picnic under the trees.View attachment 27248
This is beautiful David! So peaceful and pastoral, it's almost like a seen from a book.

The weather is still awful, lots of rain and little sun, managed a brief foray out, when the sunrise looked promising. It misted over in the space of a few minutes.
_73A9297.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 106.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160
_73A9331-Recovered.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 160

_73A9345-Enhanced-NR-Recovered.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 363.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 250

This is beautiful David! So peaceful and pastoral, it's almost like a seen from a book.
Thank you. I probably should have taken a shot of the playground area of this park...not as peaceful. Luckily, the park has its quieter areas.

The weather is still awful, lots of rain and little sun, managed a brief foray out, when the sunrise looked promising. It misted over in the space of a few minutes. View attachment 27258View attachment 27259
View attachment 27260
Hi NIck,

Terrific shots - our 'misty mornings' have dissipated before anything photogenic could develop (we're experiencing angel beam deprivation anxiety).

All of these sit perfectly with the chosen B&W treatments - shot #1 is absolutely sublime, but those mud bootied little cuties have gone and stolen it... :)

Thank you for sharing - and keep the faith, summer is coming...

(Probably).

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back