Your R System Images - April 2024

Spent the day on a local river trying to find a rather lovely bird. The Dipper was busy delivering food to a nearby nest. Must be tiring as it didn't stop in the number of hours I was there. Quite an enigmatic bird.View attachment 27645View attachment 27650View attachment 27651
Hi Nick,

Great captures of wonderful creatures in a beautiful and relaxing looking spot. Plenty of fine feather detail and excellent eye-pop in evidence here.

Dippers are so nimble - and they never seem to slip over on the slippy rocks. (We should be so lucky!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

What I've always liked about walking around the cities in Europe is the contrast of old & new, quiet back-streets & bustling cities.
These 2 shots were taken in Bordeaux, France a few hours apart, less than 200 metres from each other.
Looking East down Rue du Cancera, a short walk in the opposite direction takes us to the main shopping area along Rue Sainte-Catherine. They could be two different worlds.

View attachment 27662View attachment 27663
Hi Myles,

As you observe, two vastly contrasting shots, but both bursting with character and interest for the viewer.

(We must admit, we much prefer to wander old - and quiet - streets... :) ).

Well seen and beautifully captured - thank you for sharing.

P&K

One from last weekend's visit to Bolsover Castle, Bolsover, Derbyshire, England. (More to follow in due course!).

(Shot raw and edited with: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9/ Magic Mixer Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil and Karen

*** Please note we will now be away for a few days - so there will be no feedback from us until after we return ***

And then it rained...

RF-S-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

One from last weekend's visit to Bolsover Castle, Bolsover, Derbyshire, England. (More to follow in due course!).

(Shot raw and edited with: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9/ Magic Mixer Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil and Karen

*** Please note we will now be away for a few days - so there will be no feedback from us until after we return ***

And then it rained...

View attachment 27666
Shot a few weddings at this venue, quite magnificent.

Shot a few weddings at this venue, quite magnificent.
Hi Nick,

This is some venue for the big day - a stunning place for photography.

(Our first visit and we were very impressed).

P&K

Last edited:
Hi David,

Great shot! Plenty of ambition and determination on show here from this beautiful creature - mind you, big bird family = big nest needed we guess!

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you. Next thing I need to do is actually find the nest. Oddly, I have yet to see a heron nest.

Phil and Karen

And then it rained...

View attachment 27666
Love all the lines.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back