What's your preference for multiple card writing in camera?

It appears that many folk don't have confidence in their card manufacturer!!
As much as I love technology, I will never, EVER fully trust it. RAW backups to both cards for me. And on 2 occasions as a photographer (with previous systems, mind you), I'm very grateful I did the same!

Makes a big difference in memory storage and I see nothing lost in doing so.
The only thing I’ve seen from reviews is some detail loss in highlights/shadows, but it looks so minor zero people would ever notice. Since I’ve gotten into photography it seems a lot of things such as- “CRAW loses some detail in shadows and highlights” comes from pixel peeping that isn’t remotely relevant to real world use/delivery/enjoyment. No one views an image at 1200-2400%.

The only thing I’ve seen from reviews is some detail loss in highlights/shadows, but it looks so minor zero people would ever notice. Since I’ve gotten into photography it seems a lot of things such as- “CRAW loses some detail in shadows and highlights” comes from pixel peeping that isn’t remotely relevant to real world use/delivery/enjoyment. No one views an image at 1200-2400%.
Depends on how much you need to pull up the shadows.

I shot exclusively in CRAW yesterday. Going to see what they look like tonight.
At ISO 100 across various apertures and shutter speeds to maintain proper exposure I found zero difference. I had a portion of photos in the shade that I thought the camera’s meter was under exposing, but I stuck with the meter for the purposes of this post. In post processing I did find the images to be a bit dark. I pulled some up as much as a stop with zero detail loss/lack of data. Photos look great. Next I’ll try to find some situations where I have to shoot above ISO 10,000 and see what those look like. (Note: I used zero noise reduction in post with my ISO 100 photos. I’m having a difficult time with my current install of Luminar Neo not showing Noiseless AI in the extensions. None of the photos warranted Topaz clean up. All had zero detectable noise at 100, as to be expected with the conditions I shot them in.)

I take a handful of cards, Keep the backup cards (replace when full) and dump the CFe to a laptop daily running LR which uploads to the cloud and downloads automatically to my home desktop in LrC.
I find I run into a limitation with the regular lightroom plan for the cloud. Do you have a bigger plan?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back