What's your preference for multiple card writing in camera?

Raw to both and when I'm away from home backup daily to a portable 1TB Solid State Drive. Then backup to 2 other SSD's when I get home. SSD's are not so expensive these days and I prefer them after dropping 2 2TB Hard Drives off my desk to the floor and losing all my files.

Right now I'm using a pair of 128s and I'm writing RAW to both with the 2nd slot as my back up. I have a 4 hour event next weekend and I've thought about writing RAW to card 1 and JPEG to card 2, just to make sure I have enough room. I really don't think I'll fill a 128 in four hours, but the 256gb version of the cards I like was out of stock so 128 it was.

How do you set your cards up?
Always raw to both.
If filling the cards is a great concern try c-raw that should easily handle the time o 4 hours.
A suggestion though is to not run and gun, think a bit more like you are using film, not completely.

I switched to CRAW. I do run and gun. With a 128gb card holding about 6700 CRAW photos it's hard not to, especially when I can set the camera to 12 fps!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back