Choice of Editing Software ?

I have a MacBook Pro 2019 model and it can take about 15mins to load images( around 100 images) I’m going to try and lget and solid state drive see if that improves things.
I wouldn't accept that tbh. Sure an ssd will help but I would be trying other things first. Probably Adobe support first then Apple, using chat. I've found them both pretty decent. Also stating the obvious, but extra RAM?

I've worked in and with Photoshop since ... well, since before it was Photoshop !! I use Lightroom now for the majority of my processing with Photoshop now being used for specialty projects like banners, posters, overlays, layering, masking ... that type of thing.
I also have the ON1 Photo RAW processing software, which I like and am still learning !!
I am interested, though, in the Topaz software ....

Bridge, Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop along with some Topaz filters. Getting terrible results focus stacking R5 images in Photoshop that are turning out great using DPP. Would much rather use Photoshop for the benefit of more editing options and layers though. Any thoughts or ideas?

I was wondering about using canon software. Just purchased the R5
I find the stacking in DPP works very well, as with most of the other normal editing and enhancing tasks. It was made by the manufacturer of the camera so it handles the files with ease. Also, you cannot beat the price (free, well you probably paid for it as part of the camera price). Lots of good software out there, not all are good at everything. DPP is a good place to start your exploration.

Interesting to see no one seems to be using canon proprietary software?
With my initial transition away from film some 10 years ago, I found the Canon DPP software easy enough to use for the simpler edits needed most of the time. I still use it but find that my PC chokes on the CR3 files from my R6 even though they aren't any larger in file size than the CR2 files from my 6D. I'll be looking for a new platform (HW & SW). I do use an older copy of Photoshop for more complex edits so the Adobe suite is a leading candidate. But I'll certainly look into the alternatives suggested in these comments.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back