Choice of Editing Software ?

I had a long exchange with Skylum support and after several deletions and reloads of an updated package and sorties into the unknown regions of the laptop 'Here be Dragon' areas of its memory we are back in business with Luminar AI. When it is working it is an excellent tool for rapid edits. I will be treating it with care and constantly backing up work for now, so fingers crossed.
Windows 10 Intel i7 Norman. HP 17" Laptop with only 8gb RAM. Guess I should be looking to increase to its 16gb max memory

I subscribe to the Adobe Photographers package. It gives my Lightroom and Photoshop plus a host of other apps that I don't use. Photoshop has a steep learning curve but there are many online tuorials out there to get you going. Since I have been in lock-down for quite a while I used the time to acquiant myself with the ins and outs of the program. Well worth the money and the time invested.

I've subscribed to the Lightroom Classic/Photoshop duo for a few years now and do all my editing at home on my desktop. I've since added additional apps to my collection all of which are plug-ins to LR & PS. I'm using Luminar Ai quite often as well as a few from Topaz. Denoise Ai and Sharpen Ai get used regularly.

Does anyone else miss the old Jasc Paintshop Pro? Before it was taken over by Corel? I had to give it up when I moved back from Windows to Mac. I knew that software up, down and sideways. I feel like Photoshop changes too fast for me to keep up. I must be getting old.
Yes, but that's going back quite a few years now.

I use Lightroom for cataloguing and basic colour correction / editing, any heavy stuff I then carry it over to Affinity Photo.
I prefer Affinity to Photoshop, I just find it easier to use.

Like you Hanley I use Affinity Photo for the heavy processing. David Straker who does the You Tube training videos as InAffinity, is a friend (even if he shoots Sony) so I can always get a tip if needed.

Photoshop and Lightroom for me, Used to use photoshop to make website layouts and gig poster

I use LR for importing and cataloging and PS for editing. Lisa Langell has fantastic PS online classes...you will be amazed at how easy it is to learn PS!

Started off in Lightroom, but moved to Capture one a few years ago and haven't looked back since.

Have a few add-ons (Nik Collection, Topaz Denoise), but barely use them.
Capture One is a superb piece of kit, and I can get everything done that I need to with it.
Bit of a learning curve, but once you're in, it's all gold!

If you gonna get your beginner on, I would say start with luminar, I really like it cause the sliders are great and isnt too complicated.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back