Kamoshika

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David
Apparently, this lens will be announced next month with the R5M2 and the R1. I've been mulling over buying the RF35mm F1.8 マクロ IS STM for some time now, but now I think I'll wait to see how much this new one will set me back.

I bet it’s around US $2500. I’d wager higher before lower. I really like 35mm. It’s a great focal length. Pair it with an 85 and that’s a nice portrait kit. Although a 50 works too when you zoom with your feet. That 1.4 / 1.2 line up is strong and pricey. I think if I was buying one of them it would be the 50.

I have the non L 50 and 85 and they’re both stellar. I think most people would be hard pressed to tell the images produced with the non L RF primes from the L primes. I’ve heard nothing but good about the 35 STM. Some people say the auto focus on the 85 is slow but that hasn’t been my experience. I’d say all my STMs are fractionally slower than my USMs. My RF 70-200 F4 L is blazing fast, I will give it that. Faster than my EF 16-35 USM.

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back