• 1/250 sec
  • ISO 200

Deception Bay, Queensland

Winter Shower…

View attachment 18386

Deception Bay, Queensland
Hi David,

Very similar to our summer (but sunnier)... :LOL:

On a serious note, the sun, rain and leading lines of the ground water all combine to produce a very satisfying image. Well seen and caught!

Thank you for sharing...

P&K

Hi David,

Very similar to our summer (but sunnier)... :LOL:

P&K
I read somewhere that June temperatures in London and Brisbane are much the same.

In the photo the 'horizon' might appear a bit wonky: actually, our view towards the open Pacific is blocked by one of the largest sand islands in the world (Moreton Island).

Note the mangroves on the right and their 'breathing roots' poking up through the mud closest to the camera. (My knowledge of botany is limited!)

Hanging out in the Canadian Rockies.

IMG_5176.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100
img_4900-jpeg.18389
IMG_4954.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100
IMG_4902.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125
IMG_4980.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 37.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 320

Attachments

• IMG_4900.jpeg
    IMG_4900.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Just stunning photos of the rockies! That second-to-last photo with the green water in particular is stunning, I love the haze of sunlight, and the shadows the mountain is casting

We had a couple of visitors in our front and back yards and I published posts to share their photographs on my site. Here are the leading characters!

Monarch Butterfly

Eastern Swallowtail Butterfly

105A0718.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640
105A0812.jpg

Last edited:
Just stunning photos of the rockies! That second-to-last photo with the green water in particular is stunning, I love the haze of sunlight, and the shadows the mountain is casting
That’s Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park, Canada. We were able to go canoeing on that lake for about an hour. This was taken on a walk around the lake. It really is that emerald color from the glacial flour in the runoff that supplies the lake. Basically rocks ground into a powder by the glaciers.

Last edited:
We had a couple of visitors in our front and back yards and I published posts to share their photographs on my site. Here are the leading characters!

Monarch Butterfly

Eastern Swallowtail Butterfly

View attachment 18414View attachment 18415
Hi Cemal,

Two fabulous images - wonderfully rich colours and a joy to behold. Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Wonderful images, nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back