PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about them in terms of the subject, settings, or post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing).

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found by clicking Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Some B&W treatments of images from our recent visit to the Lake District, Cumbria, England.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

You can read about the Lake District National Park and World Heritage Site by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Derwent Water looking from Borrowdale towards Keswick. (Mere seconds after this shot was captured, we got completely drenched - for the craft... :) ).

RF-SO-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 47.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 100

2. Lodore Falls, Borrowdale, is a 100 foot cascade of the beck which flows from Watendlath Tarn.

RF-SO-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 6 sec
  • ISO 200

3. Grasmere Lake gives its name to the village of Grasmere, which is associated with the poet William Wordsworth - ‘I wandered lonely as a cloud, That floats on high o’er vales and hills’.

RF-SO-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

4. Ashness Bridge sits on the single-track road between Borrowdale and Watendlath.

RF-SO-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1.6 sec
  • ISO 200

5. The Lancaster to Kendal Canal opened on 18th June, 1819, and enjoyed 30 years of growth until the arrival of the railway. In the 1960’s it was drained and filled in. (It is unlikely to reopen).

RF-SO-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 31.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 1000

6. A hazy day in the Lake District - maybe a good time for a long stroll? And then it rained… :rolleyes:

RF-SO-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 56.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Ooh I enjoy the haziness of the last one, it really enhances the sense of depth. Well done - I don't usually work with B&W, but it's something I'd like to improve at.

Ooh I enjoy the haziness of the last one, it really enhances the sense of depth. Well done - I don't usually work with B&W, but it's something I'd like to improve at.
Hi Paul,

Cheers - appreciated!

This morning was pretty hazy - well, to begin with (and then it rained!) - some would say the haze blighted the view, but there's always a positive... :)

We liked the wall/ leading lines - and they immediately cried 'B&W' to me. I can't remember the exact workflow, but DxO Nik Collection featured heavily.

P&K

Some B&W treatments of images from our recent visit to the Lake District, Cumbria, England.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

You can read about the Lake District National Park and World Heritage Site by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Derwent Water looking from Borrowdale towards Keswick. (Mere seconds after this shot was captured, we got completely drenched - for the craft... :) ).

View attachment 20211

2. Lodore Falls, Borrowdale, is a 100 foot cascade of the beck which flows from Watendlath Tarn.

View attachment 20212

3. Grasmere Lake gives its name to the village of Grasmere, which is associated with the poet William Wordsworth - ‘I wandered lonely as a cloud, That floats on high o’er vales and hills’.

View attachment 20213

4. Ashness Bridge sits on the single-track road between Borrowdale and Watendlath.

View attachment 20214

5. The Lancaster to Kendal Canal opened on 18th June, 1819, and enjoyed 30 years of growth until the arrival of the railway. In the 1960’s it was drained and filled in. (It is unlikely to reopen).

View attachment 20215

6. A hazy day in the Lake District - maybe a good time for a long stroll? And then it rained… :rolleyes:

View attachment 20216

Nice group of gets, love the choice going with Black and White

Two large Bull Elks getting in their points during an argument on who is the biggest bad bull elk in the field at Southern Gap in Southwestern Virginia. Also an earlier gets of a 16 point big Bull Elk chasing off the younger Bull Elk
bulljoustVinlongSM3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF500mm f/4L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 3200
pictured in third image. 9.28.23 Canon R7 with EF 500 L F4 V1 Lens

runningbullLSmall.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF500mm f/4L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 1600

YBcropv2SMALL.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF500mm f/4L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 1000

A grab shot from Saturday night's teenager photo shot. He looks like the jilted boyfriend.
2023-040-059 Sarah AHS Homecoming.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400

Yesterday was a Canterbury Nor'Wester day - a day of howling gales, of hot, dry, dusty wind making your eyes gritty and hydration important. So we took our grandson to the local zoo. In one of the aviaries, a kea - Nestor notabilis, the world's most intelligent parrot - was dealing with the situation in his/her own inimitable fashion...

021A0633-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 151.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 500
021A0632-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 151.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640

Today I shall be mainly picking up bits of tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back