April snow at Garden of the Gods
LL5_8105-2048 copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 94.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/15 sec
  • ISO 100

A few more of the waxeyes in my fig tree - including action shots of pillage in progress... :cry:

Waxeye-9040.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2500

Waxeye-9049.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2500

Waxeye-9060.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2500

Waxeye-9068.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2500

These are super shots. The birds are very attractive, the action is interesting and the shots are pictorially and technically excellent. Sorry about your figs.

These are super shots. The birds are very attractive, the action is interesting and the shots are pictorially and technically excellent. Sorry about your figs.

Thank you! (I do get a few figs, but it is a race!).

Thank you! (I do get a few figs, but it is a race!).
We have the same thing with sweetcorn and badgers (it's a binary thing -you either get the sweetcorn or the badgers do); and grey squirrels and hazelnuts (the squirrels try to take all the hazelnuts three days before they are ready for humans).

Good shot and a good story. Glad that you’re ok and that the gear is insured.

Yang, Thank you for the kind words it will probably be a few weeks yet before I see how this all works out.

Oh noooo!!! I'm just glad you are okay, gear can be replaced, especially if it's been insured.​

Thank you Hali for the kind words, I’m doing just fine, more embarrassed than anything. It will probably be a few weeks yet until I get a final disposition on all the gear. Canon Factory Service has already gotten back to me and they have said both the camera body and lens were unrepairable. So now it’s off to my homeowners insurance to see how they will cover things (we did buy a rider on our policy for things like this).

Hi Mike,

Very pleased to hear you‘re safe and well after your ‘adventures’ in the wilds - a lesson there for us all.

(Our condolences to you on the loss of your gear - but it sounds like a happier outcome is envisaged).

In terms of your image - wow, we can see why you went all out to capture this spectacular wonder.

Absolutely beautiful.

P&K

P&K Thank you for the kind words, I was having so much fun taking the photos that morning before the incident… 😜 I was very happy that I could recover the photos from the memory card and they turned out to be in good shape. As for the gear we’ll see what happens, thats what we all purchase insurance for It’s not something to really get all to upset about. Me personally, I’m going to use it as a learning experience. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back