Your R System Images - October 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some additional fall color photos from this month.
This first two photos are from Kettle Pond in the Groton State Forest in Vermont. The warm temperatures kept the red leaaves around longer than normal and they make the photos: the oranges and yellows were much less intense than they usually are because of the rain conditions during summer.

Great images and the red leaves in the scenic shots really make a difference.

A different kind of fall color, the color on the ground with camera movement.

105A2031.jpg 105A2033.jpg 105A2034.jpg

Some additional fall color photos from this month.
This first two photos are from Kettle Pond in the Groton State Forest in Vermont. The warm temperatures kept the red leaaves around longer than normal and they make the photos: the oranges and yellows were much less intense than they usually are because of the rain conditions during summer.
View attachment 21338
View attachment 21339

The next two photos were taken on the trail that goes to Kettle Pond. The trail itself had mostly green foliage and you have to remember to look up...
View attachment 21340
View attachment 21341

Ricker Pond is also in Groton State Forest
View attachment 21342

We had a nice sunset over the Moore Reservoir in New Hampshire.
View attachment 21343

Finally, couple of eastern bluebirds in our backyard. The female bluebird has captured a caterpillar and is having a quick snack and the male bluebird posed nicely for me in front of some nice fall color.

View attachment 21344
View attachment 21345
Hi Don,

What a fantastic set of achingly beautiful images - and a great way for us to begin Monday morning!

It's almost impossible to single out a favourite - the first image is a real head-turner (but that bird is such a little cutie)...

Very well done all-round and thank you for sharing. :)

P&K

A late season dahlia from a pot of orphaned dahlias that a friend gave me. I took it into photoshop and did some painting with the mixer brush.View attachment 21356
Hi Hali,

An eye catching image which causes the viewer to pause and look closer - the choice of processing works well and produces a very pleasing result.

:)

P&K

Hi Cemal,

Three fascinating and attention grabbing shots - each one being rich with colour and interest for the viewer.

If pushed, we'd say the first is (just) our favourite - it has a kind-of 'exploding with shimmering light' quality... :)

P&K
Thank you, P&K.

I love these abstracts, and the second image is mesmerizing when viewed in full screen.

Thank you, Mike. All of these reflection series rely on luck! I click the shutter hoping for a good movement in the frame as the surface keeps changing. I toss out quite a few frames too. I will write a new article on my site in the next couple of weeks to present them.

This is what happens when fall colors get guided by fluid dynamics! I recommend viewing them as close to their full width as possible, 1650px wide.

View attachment 21395View attachment 21396
Hi Cemal,

Ah, we are very partial to fluids (Cheers! :cool: ) and abstracts - so these are both right up our alley!

The first shot is a kaleidoscope of golds and blues, the second a treasure trove of wonders... :)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back