PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images/ movies can be posted. If you would like to say something about them in terms of the subject, settings, or any post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing).

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found by clicking Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Some images from a recent visit to Bolton Castle, Wensleydale, Yorkshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

Phil and Karen

1. What a cutie...

RF-S-MT-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

2. We can see you...

RF-S-MT-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 320

3. One smart cookie...

RF-S-MT-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 223.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 2000

4. Sharp eyed and very, very fast...

RF-S-MT-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

5. Don't forget to duck...

RF-S-MT-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 640

6. When someone want's your hard earned reward...

RF-S-MT-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 200

Great images Phil & Karen! The barn owl is a beauty. I've only seen one around by us, they are definitely quite elusive in the day time but do come out occasionally.

Great images Phil & Karen! The barn owl is a beauty. I've only seen one around by us, they are definitely quite elusive in the day time but do come out occasionally.
Hi Tim,

Cheers - much appreciated!

The birds were all part of a display provided during the day and included as part of the visit. Things were not made any easier by the fact we had to sit down and were a bit too close to the action at times (you always have the wrong lens... :LOL: ). BIF is not our strong point and, to be honest, we were largely swimming in a sea of chaos with settings and techniques - but as the saying goes, you only need to get it right once (and I had Karen with me!).

Phil

August's first (of two) full moons …

Full Moon Rising
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 3200

2023-08-01 18:06:56 (UTC +10)
~ 27ºS; 152ºE

Last edited:
Hi David,

Absolutely wonderful. A mesmerising and utterly captivating image.

P&K
Thanks, Karen and Phil.

99.5% full according to timeanddate.com with full moon at 4:31 am tomorrow (AET — UTC+10). That means it should be 100% full as it rises (behind the clouds?) over Europe.
  • R5 on a tripod with gimbal.
  • Viewfinder : Electronic Level (green line) on. Important!
  • Exposure Comp : –2 EV (to prevent crazy overexposure)
  • Adobe Bridge : Batch Rename to alter file name to reflect date and time (YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss).
  • DxO PureRAW 3 : DeepPRIME XD
  • Lightroom Classic : Restraint with the sliders. Important!
… David

Last edited:
99.5% full according to timeanddate.com with full moon at 4:31 am tomorrow (AET — UTC+10) . That means it should be 100% full as it rises (behind the clouds?) over Europe.

• Adobe Bridge : Batch Rename to alter file name to reflect date and time (YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss).
  • Lightroom Classic : Restraint with the sliders!
… David
Hi David,

You've obviously sussed our weather is directly linked to interesting celestial events... :LOL:

Phil

(With apologies for the non-RF image).

RF-S-WF-1.jpg

• Viewfinder : Electronic Level (green line) on. Important!
  • Lightroom Classic : Restraint with the sliders. Important!
… David
Nice shot. I have the same setup and going out tonight to attempt a capture here in central Pennsylvania, USA.

Do you folks think a moon shot is a good candidate for High-Resolution mode in a R5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back